Wickerman 2014

Guest ramragon

..when the inhabitants are full of a,b's and c's.....mixed with a sunny day??? makes a rare wee festie...

come along you'll love it...my wifes fave fest. Hope theres a good alternative to rizzy dascal though ( bonkers booking)

one of the friendliest going........ loads for kids during the day....dont worry about the currency ...the pound wont crash until the 18th sept...... hehe

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Facebook/Twitter the next announcement including the Saturday night headliner is supposed to be tomorrow (Friday 21 March 2014).

I've still been trying to guess who could possibly headline and to be honest i'm still pretty clueless especially after the "Bonkers" first announcement sent my prediction skills "Dizzie"!

Looking at previous years it is usually an act who would play in a 2000-3500 capacity venue (i.e. Manchester Academy 1 to manchester Apollo).

Usually Wickerman has at least one Scottish band headlining.

This narrows my list down to 4 Scottish bands that size doing festivals this summer: Franz Ferdinand,Travis, Deacon Blue and Simple Minds.

We can rule out Franz Ferdinand as they are in Japan on Wickerman weekend.

That leaves Travis, Deacon Blue and Simple Minds all three of which I wouldnt mind seeing.

Saying that Wickerman could once again throw in a complete curveball.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Edited by mmfactor

Didn`t know Franz were out. Will see them at T though so not so bad from a selfish point of view !

I have yet to get any predictions right this summer but will go Simple Minds..... or Deacon Blue. Always a good alternative option in the Scooter tent as ski said.

Chvrches are Scottish and I would like to see Vigo Thieves added.

Your ..........Always the last to know ................. Delamitri not headliners ! I promise !

I'm coming I've got a semi ! Wickerman lochland5 has committed to pitching his tent in the Bare Breeks!

I need to know ........... Are the burgers sold in scotch baps ?

Is there a scotch pie stall ?

Stovies ......... Do I I have to eat the oatcakes they are like the digestives my gran made when she went of her trolley .............. No sugar just salt yack !

Plus stop dissing dizzee ! You will be amazed !

There are loads still to be announced and as with every festival I've been to there will be the unexpected classic moment or performance ie Chic last year.

The site of the whole field disco dancing from young kids to cynical old guys like me is one of my favourite moments.

No one can expect to go to a festival and love every band so just go with the flow

Didn't go last year . Defected to Kendal. Headliners aren't why we went but in 2012 the atmosphere for us was very different . Fighting males and wedge wellie wearing females not what I expected from a wickerman crowd. Perhaps they were always there ? We just managed to avoid them in previous years. Hey ho things change

Didn't expect Del Amitri and to be honest I do not know much of their stuff, however the wife was extremely happy with them being announced.

We're going no matter what because i'd already bought my early bird ticket so maybe I have a more positive outlook on the lineup as i'm stuck with whatever is announced! To me the lineup this year has a lot of variety, something for everyone and overall i'm still quite happy with the lineup, the headliners could be much better and i'm just wondering if they are saving a bit of money on them to pay more for acts elsewhere on the bill.

I don't want to be seen as being critical and although we do not know who is playing the Scooter Tent yet I hope the organisers have planned ahead and hired a larger tent as i can imagine a mass migration when the main stage headliners are playing which could cause a lot of problems.

Poor line up for the money

That's not really valid yet as many more to be announced.

Not to my taste apart from Alabama 3 but it will be a great weekend as usual , wife likes del amitri and kids like dizzee so that is a good start

Simple minds have got tunes to get the crowd going...del amitri will probably have a large female singalong. Not headline material in my opinion. Not enough quality tunes. Festival crowds are looking for a party headliner ..not feeking ballads.

absolutely nothing against them but would be better suited to 8pm.

fox sake wickerman, get the finger out....line up getting progressively worse year on year.

Do they even have a clue of the demographic of their punters? Are they trying to attract a teenage crowd with Dizzee or what?

Think that booking is going to backfire in more ways than one.

.on the plus side Alabama3... yeehah... best so far..a booking for half of the loyal Wman supporters ,,.on after the burning would be brilliant.... waken everybody up after the lullabyes. We all know the A3 mob like staying up late......???

all i want now is for Skiddle to book Egebamyasi

I'm really looking forward to my first wickerman , yeah I would of liked something a bit better than Delamitri ! But if you look at several other festivals of the same size they have gone for frank turner !!!!!!!! Which is far worse !

Please don't think bad about the dizzie rascal seen him 2012 and I have to say it was really good better than I expected and the place rocked ! So many doubters changed their minds .