Who is travelling by Seetickets or National Express Glastonbury coach? Meet your fellow happy campers here...

Guest Kyelo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're looking at booking the 03:30 National Express from Liverpool, a friend who got lucky right at the end of the resale ended up bagging a coach & ticket combo thingy, he lives in Liverpool but has to travel to Glasgow to get the coach to Glasto, that's some dedication for ya right there.

Yesterday I booked a further 2 seats on the coach from Glasgow on the Thursday morning for my kids ( both age 8 ). I got my ticket on Sunday attached to a Glasgow coach return ( extra £100 ). Only need a single for the weans ( long story ) so was not expecting it to be that expensive for 2 one way tickets for kids that age. Wrong........

They are unable to sell me single tickets as the coach I am on is for people who have return tickets ? There is another coach for the one way people but of course I couldn`t have them on one bus and me on the other ( however tempting ) !

I calmly suggested that they change my ticket to a single ( £80 ) and also advised them that I didn`t expect my £20 back but was told that would not be possible ? So I have to buy 2 further return tickets leaving 2 empty seats on the road back up. I was then advised that it is a standard fare for the bus so that will be £100 each for the weans. I amused myself by asking if it would be possible to just book the one seat that they could share.......

So I have 2 empty seats from Glastonbury back up to Glasgow leaving Monday at 9.30am. If anyone can use them then just let me know and they are yours. Would probably need to meet up down there to pass them on but thats not a problem. Will be glad to get rid of as useless to me. At least they are running these coaches for the good of the environment and not just to fleece us punters.

Oh and anyone else got any young people travelling down with them on the Thursday Glasgow coach ?

Yesterday I booked a further 2 seats on the coach from Glasgow on the Thursday morning for my kids ( both age 8 ). I got my ticket on Sunday attached to a Glasgow coach return ( extra £100 ). Only need a single for the weans ( long story ) so was not expecting it to be that expensive for 2 one way tickets for kids that age. Wrong........

They are unable to sell me single tickets as the coach I am on is for people who have return tickets ? There is another coach for the one way people but of course I couldn`t have them on one bus and me on the other ( however tempting ) !

I calmly suggested that they change my ticket to a single ( £80 ) and also advised them that I didn`t expect my £20 back but was told that would not be possible ? So I have to buy 2 further return tickets leaving 2 empty seats on the road back up. I was then advised that it is a standard fare for the bus so that will be £100 each for the weans. I amused myself by asking if it would be possible to just book the one seat that they could share.......

So I have 2 empty seats from Glastonbury back up to Glasgow leaving Monday at 9.30am. If anyone can use them then just let me know and they are yours. Would probably need to meet up down there to pass them on but thats not a problem. Will be glad to get rid of as useless to me. At least they are running these coaches for the good of the environment and not just to fleece us punters.

Oh and anyone else got any young people travelling down with them on the Thursday Glasgow coach ?

I've taken the Nat X from Heathrow for five years and it is not a loud trip of banter, singing .... general noise and rowdiness

I always sit at the front of the coach and there are people talking among themselves, but that's it

and the return trip is one of silence and sleep

Maybe this is just the Heathrow bus ?

The journey has been anything from 2 1/2 hours to five hours

I've never taken a bus to Glastonbury but I highly doubt it is a nice, quiet trip with cross stitching. I'm guessing there is a lot of banter, singing...general noise and rowdiness. Sleep? You will be lucky.

I've taken the Nat X from Heathrow for five years and it is not a loud trip of banter, singing .... general noise and rowdiness

I always sit at the front of the coach and there are people talking among themselves, but that's it

Edited by dan05delaney

We went by coach in 2009 from Sheffield (think it was National Express bought separate from the ticket itself), set off about 8-9am and finally got pitched up at about 10pm! That was one hell of a journey, the traffic was absolutely insane, presumably cause the weather was lovely. At one point we jumped off next to a pub, had a few drinks and some sarnies then bought a couple for the road and caught up with them in what seemed like no time.

Going from Birmingham at 11:30 this year so I hope to god it doesn't take as long as it did in '09.

Maybe the solution to the green problem would be to restrict the ticket to people's routes or location?

A. If you are from Newcastle you can catch a bus in Manchester/Bristol etc but not Edinburgh

or

B. Restrict it to your area ie NE, SW etc

I was always under the impression the bus scheme was to do with license rather than green issues? Ie although the site can hold the amount of people, the local infrastructure struggles ie a 30 bus takes a lot less space than about 6 cars. The green benefits are just a pleasant consequence.

Maybe the solution to the green problem would be to restrict the ticket to people's routes or location?

A. If you are from Newcastle you can catch a bus in Manchester/Bristol etc but not Edinburgh

or

B. Restrict it to your area ie NE, SW etc

I was always under the impression the bus scheme was to do with license rather than green issues? Ie although the site can hold the amount of people, the local infrastructure struggles ie a 30 bus takes a lot less space than about 6 cars. The green benefits are just a pleasant consequence.

We went by coach in 2009 from Sheffield (think it was National Express bought separate from the ticket itself), set off about 8-9am and finally got pitched up at about 10pm! That was one hell of a journey, the traffic was absolutely insane, presumably cause the weather was lovely. At one point we jumped off next to a pub, had a few drinks and some sarnies then bought a couple for the road and caught up with them in what seemed like no time.

Going from Birmingham at 11:30 this year so I hope to god it doesn't take as long as it did in '09.