220 replies to this topic

#21 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Can anybody tell me what the camping field(s) is like ie. can it be a nightmare to find somewhere to pitch your tent ?

#22 Franko Chalmers

Franko Chalmers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

If anyone has 2 tickets to SGP who, (or knows anyone else who), would like to swap for 2 Latitude tickets please get in touch!!!!

#23 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

Just repeating my previous question plus a couple of others. These are;

(1) Can anybody tell me what the camping field(s) is like ie. can it be a nightmare to find somewhere to pitch your tent ?
(2) Is the camping area very far from the car park(s) ?
(3) I read that you can't bring flares. I was wondering whether this applied to garden flares that you can use outside a tent at night. I read it as you are not allowed to bring these (as well as the very bright hand flares that people set off at some festivals). However I'm pretty sure Glastonbury says the same thing but everybody brings them anyway and they are even on sale there. So, do people bring and use these?

Thanks for any clarification on this.

#24 Theo Chau

Theo Chau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Was firstly wondering if anybody would like to swap my adult ticket for a teen ticket, (I will sell for £20 under face value)
and also how strict SGP are on ID'ing people?

#25 ska_4_life

ska_4_life

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Looks like all my friends have pulled out on me.

I may sell my ticket. Or I may see if anyone wants a lift up there and mind me tagging along? I'll be driving up from Reading, so that's 3 empty seats (been signed up to the official car share and no luck yet).

So anyone want a ticket/a new friend? :D

#26 Shaun Child

Shaun Child

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm training it up from East Midlands airport as soon as I get back from Benicassim on my own! Meeting some friends I met at Bestival there then, cannot wait!

#27 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Oh no, not now. Surely. For the love of God. Burghhhh!

#28 tiffpietiff

tiffpietiff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Looks like all my friends have pulled out on me.

I may sell my ticket. Or I may see if anyone wants a lift up there and mind me tagging along? I'll be driving up from Reading, so that's 3 empty seats (been signed up to the official car share and no luck yet).

So anyone want a ticket/a new friend? :D

If there's any festival in the world where it's possible to show up on your own, talk to some strangers and then become best friends with them from then onwards, SGP is it.

#29 Shaun Child

Shaun Child

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

Anyone going to attempt this years fancy dress theme?

No idea what to do or where to start, also would need to take it to Spain with me beforehand so don't think I'm going to bother, would love too though!

#30 The Pink Peril

The Pink Peril

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Oh no, not now. Surely. For the love of God. Burghhhh!

Wassup, Yoghurt?

#31 tiffpietiff

tiffpietiff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

So... headliners.

Friday - Edward Sharpe
Saturday - Orbital
Sunday - ???

#32 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Wassup, Yoghurt?

I'm OK The Pink Peril. Thanks for asking though. It was just one of my mad moments. I get them every now and again - especially when I'm on to my 3rd bottle of red.

#33 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

I thought I'd bump this in the vain hope that somebody viewing has actually been to the SGP and can answer my questions. I know loads of people will be talking about it closer to the time but it would be nice if someone could put me out of my misery sooner rather than later.
PS - I don't mean bring about my early departure from this planet.

#34 The Pink Peril

The Pink Peril

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Anyone got any ideas for the fancy dress? How hard do people try...? (will I get away with not bothering, I guess is what I'm asking!)

#35 Couchy

Couchy

Currently in Vietnam/Malaysia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Looks like I'm pulling out of this one. Been put off by too many negative stories from friends & the line up just isn't enough of a pull to trek it up to Cambridge.

#36 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Looks like I'm pulling out of this one. Been put off by too many negative stories from friends & the line up just isn't enough of a pull to trek it up to Cambridge.

What were the negative stories?

#37 Shaun Child

Shaun Child

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I had heard last year that the security was a little over-vigilant? But SGP said that they were addressing this and I think there's a new security service there this year.

I'm going from Spain to it then back down to South Wales, you haven't got a trek at all! :P

#38 cejx

cejx

LEAVE NO TRACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hello SGP folks,

First time for me.

OK. Any rules on camping. I understand that there is more room than the Glastonbury shoe horned tent situation. Can a group bring a gazebo?

I can't find a site map. Any ideas?

How far is the walk from the car to the camping sites?

Finally - how stringent are the searches? Really? Dogs?!

Ta all. x

#39 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hello SGP folks,

First time for me.

OK. Any rules on camping. I understand that there is more room than the Glastonbury shoe horned tent situation. Can a group bring a gazebo?

I can't find a site map. Any ideas?

How far is the walk from the car to the camping sites?

Finally - how stringent are the searches? Really? Dogs?!

Ta all. x

First time for me and I'm trying to find out most of that information too. I have been told that everybody's bag is searched at the gate. I am led to believe that this is for glass bottles and excessive booze. Apparently it's not a stringent search. Unfortunately after that I have been told that you have to walk past the dogs. All is not gloom and doom though as there are ways of bringing extra booze and 'things' in with a fair bit of confidence of not getting caught. In addition I also hear that the dogs can only work for 15 minutes before needing a rest. I'm rather hoping that this year because of the olympics starting the week after that they'll all be commandeered down to London to search for more harmful things.

#40 Helsbels

Helsbels

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

My first SGP this year too due to no Glasto and I've heard nothing but good reports from people who have been previously. All the pics and videos look amazing. Going with 17 of my fabulous female friends (leaving all the boys behind, they went to Sonar) and cannot wait. The booze allowance is a bit of a pain in the arse but also thinking of cunning ways around this. Currently thinking about fancy dress (ie fancy stress). Just over 4 weeks to go :)

WOOHOO!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users