Download 2012 Official Rumour Thread

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you say blink not headlining weird, they pulled out of titp this year when they were due to play but not headline.

it happens, and besides the performance they put on at reading last year wasn't worthy of a headlining slot..

Edited by AcademicPistol

It just doesnt make sense to me that either Tool or Blink wouldnt headline when theyve opted for prodigy, which IMO arent as big. Not saying it wont happen but i would have thought theyd headline if they were playing. hope im wrong about tool want them to play so bad :)

The only way I can see these two MASSIVE acts playing is Tool subbing Sabbath as they seem to have a friendship between them, Tool were 3rd under Sabbath at Ozzfest 2001 and subbed Ozzy at Ozzfest 2002. So maybe Ozzy has asked them personally to sub for them and they're doing it for a friendship thing, plus im sure they'd be paid well.

Blink, maybe they wanted to play whilst they were in the country, would be a nice alternative to Sabbath and if they're second stage headliners against Sabbath the pressure wouldn't be on them too much to do a awesome performance, so they could just turn up take the payday and be shit.

Both acts whilst could headline, it doesn't seem insane that they could take those positions, weren't Blink going to second stage headline at TITP before they pulled out?

The only way I can see these two MASSIVE acts playing is Tool subbing Sabbath as they seem to have a friendship between them, Tool were 3rd under Sabbath at Ozzfest 2001 and subbed Ozzy at Ozzfest 2002. So maybe Ozzy has asked them personally to sub for them and they're doing it for a friendship thing, plus im sure they'd be paid well.

Blink, maybe they wanted to play whilst they were in the country, would be a nice alternative to Sabbath and if they're second stage headliners against Sabbath the pressure wouldn't be on them too much to do a awesome performance, so they could just turn up take the payday and be shit.

Both acts whilst could headline, it doesn't seem insane that they could take those positions, weren't Blink going to second stage headline at TITP before they pulled out?

It just doesnt make sense to me that either Tool or Blink wouldnt headline when theyve opted for prodigy, which IMO arent as big. Not saying it wont happen but i would have thought theyd headline if they were playing. hope im wrong about tool want them to play so bad :)

Maybe your right i think Prodigy have sold more than double what Tool have in album sales although Tool have won grammys and credible awards where as i think Prodigy have only won brits and MTV's i think but anyway and i love both bands too (slightly prefer Tool) plus Tool have headlined before and Prodigy haven't and i think they do deserve a go. I think Tool will be at Soni if anywhere though.

Maybe your right i think Prodigy have sold more than double what Tool have in album sales although Tool have won grammys and credible awards where as i think Prodigy have only won brits and MTV's i think but anyway and i love both bands too (slightly prefer Tool) plus Tool have headlined before and Prodigy haven't and i think they do deserve a go. I think Tool will be at Soni if anywhere though.

Isn't Jack Osbourne a massive Tool Fan? Don't know if it's relevant but i'm sure that led to Ozzy developing a good working relationship with them, and i don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility for Black Sabbath to ask them to sub for them at Download. I, for one, certainly hope there's something in it.

As for Blink, i think Jump's right, they were in line to headline the fest but pulled out due to the breakup/hiatus which is why Feeder ended up doing it, so not sure if they'd take a lower slot. But as has been mentioned, with them being over here at the time, they may just take up the option to play if offered second stage headliner to a band as big as Sabbath

Edited by 2rare2die

Id love so much to see Tool, but without the light show it wouldnt be the same, i really hope they headline soni. would be so much better. im almost 100% sure they wont be at download. if they are then its a complete balls up not having them headline instead of the over rated prodigy.

As we know Nova Rock and Hellfest are announcing tomorrow.

Killswitch Engage have confirmed they'll be making a European announcement tomorrow, which is looking good for them back at Download which would make me VERY happy, they just better not headline second stage on any day.

Expect Machine Head and Devilriver to be announced for Hellfest at least

And I reckon Metallica will be announced for Nova Rock

Right so far today Metallica have been announced as headliners for Rock AM Ring and NovaRock

And NovaRock have also announced

Machine Head, Slayer, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, Within Temptation, Hatebreed, Mastodon, Dimmu Borgir, DevilDriver, Opeth, The Answer, Lagwagon, August Burns Red, Oomph!, The Baseballs, Schandmaul

Edited by luckysalt