WOMAD 2012 - 30th Anniversary

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather for Sunday isn't looking too good :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643146

That's not too bad - just some showers, and a bit colder. It's still better than most of what we've had recently.

accuweather are also forecasting some showers on Friday - but both for then and Sunday it's saying any showers will be very minimal with the amount of water they drop.

Anyway, it could piss down for a few hours at WOMAD and I wouldn't much care. With the weather we're having right now, the ground will have already dried out from its sodden state by quite a lot (and more so at Chalton Park, with all those trees! :)), so I reckon even a dose of heavy rain won't do more than create a few sticky patches.

I'm past the point of caring too much about any rain now. The weather is so stunning right now and still will be when I arrive on site tomorrow, and the forecasts are pretty good overall, that's good enough for me. :D

I have to agree ^^^ only went because of the gap year at G, loved it. "Middle Class" Festival, hmm maybe. I'd prefer the term Festival of polite, courteous and easy going folk.

And cleeeeeeeeeeeen everywhere including the toilets which put the other place to shame. Glastonbury will still be my festival of choice due to the sheer variety on offer, but Womad comes a very very close second.

Edited by whisty

I've only just got back after a week's camping in the new forest straight after Womad. My shoulder still hurts from carrying that massive Pinata through the procession! How did I get roped in to that?!

Had a great weekend, the weather couldn't have been better (actually it could have been slightly warmer on saturday evening). Great music, I especially loved Portico Quartet and The Mangyar Seduction. My only gripe would be that the bass in the Big Red Tent needs turning down a bit. Way too loud and it was drowning out some of the other frequencies at times.

• 3 weeks later...