Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few questions, I've never been Sziget before and there's about a group of 12 of us planning to go this year.

When do the early bird tickets/tickets in general usually sell out?

We're planning on getting there early to get a nice spot, is it easy to get a spot by the river surrounding the festival?

What's the prices for food/drinks (beer) like inside the actual festival? Is it a rip off like general UK festivals or reasonable?

When's the best time to get cheap flights there? We're thinking of buying tickets/flights around January/February.

Also, any rumours? Hoping for Stone Roses and Primal Scream.

One last one, how much money would you recommend daily (in GDP please) haha.

Thanks!

We have our apartment booked. Can anyone who went last year comment on their flight prices? I went in 2010 and picked up a Malev flight from London to Budapest for £92 return. This year the Malev flights look very pricey, with Easyjet looking best at a still expensive £160-180ish. Just wondering whether they're likely to come down in price at all or whether i should just book now? Appreciate any feedback from last year.

I'm thinking about going and camping the whole 7 days (if anyone thinks this is a bad idea please let me know!) :) As a Glastonbury alternative

Anyone have any idea who might headline? So many bands around this summer; The Boss, Metallica, Bjork, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Sabbath, Stone Roses, plus a shite load more! I'd like to have them all haha

Seriously though, does anyone remember roughly how much tickets cost last year!?

I think Sziget has to be one of the best Glastonbury alternatives (honestly, I don't know many other festivals as diverse as Sziget) and camping for seven days is the best way to do it! There's plenty of shadow on the festival site (another thing in common with Glastonbury, you get to camp on the festival site!) and there are plenty of showers, although I recommend to go to one of Budapest's spas or pools several times during the week. That's something certainly no other festival can beat!

But if you feel more comfortable renting an apartment or staying in a hostel, that's not bad either. Budapest has quite some good cheap apartments and hostels and staying in the center of Budapest makes you feel even more like you are combining the festival with a city trip in a beautiful city.

I have no clue what the headliners could be, but the first names would be announced this month. Among them I expect at least one headliner...

Last year early bird camping tickets cost €170 (about 145 quid), but for the 2012 edition those will be €195 (about 166 quid). That makes about 24 quid a day, now compare that to the British festivals! ;)

I'm thinking about going and camping the whole 7 days (if anyone thinks this is a bad idea please let me know!) :) As a Glastonbury alternative

Anyone have any idea who might headline? So many bands around this summer; The Boss, Metallica, Bjork, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Sabbath, Stone Roses, plus a shite load more! I'd like to have them all haha

Seriously though, does anyone remember roughly how much tickets cost last year!?

Edited by slumberjack

It's forbidden to bring in alcohol, but if you know the tricks it's not that difficult to smuggle it in. I suggest you buy six bottles of water wrapped in plastic, carefully take the two bottles in the middle out of the plastic, fill them with vodka and then put the bottles back into the plastic. Worked twice for me last summer ;)

I believe a pint was 530 Forints, which is exactly 1,50 with the current exchange rate.