Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

Hi, this is our first year at Beni! There was something I wanted to check: We are getting there on the Monday when the campsite opens, we should arrive at about 7.30PM, will we be likely to get a shady spot? Also, our friends are coming down the day after and we were hoping to save a spot next to our tent for them - is this a bit taboo or sould it be ok?

I'm so excited about going now, looking forward to consuming many alcoholic units... Most excited about Stone Roases and De La Soul!!!

Thanks!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, this is our first year at Beni! There was something I wanted to check: We are getting there on the Monday when the campsite opens, we should arrive at about 7.30PM, will we be likely to get a shady spot? Also, our friends are coming down the day after and we were hoping to save a spot next to our tent for them - is this a bit taboo or sould it be ok?

I'm so excited about going now, looking forward to consuming many alcoholic units... Most excited about Stone Roases and De La Soul!!!

Thanks!

i have done this, basically it is free transport on certain days. I have taken advantage of if for returning to barcelona after the festival. the only downside is that the buses are on their own timetable (not the ones to the airports) and only operate on the thursday before and the monday after the festival at set times all buses leave at 9am on the monday going back, as I am going to arrive on the monday i have paid for travel using eufest then will use the free travel going back.

horarios_transporte.gif

Edited by rug568

How tough is it to get booze sneaked in to the main site? I've always been pretty successful with my Hiking Water Sack and a "conveniently placed" 500ml bottle of spirits at other festivals (Bestival, Big Chill, Leeds, V, T, Kendal) but not sure what the deal is with Benicassim.

Are we talking the full airport grope-fest or the typical half-arsed "pat the pockets, check the bags, send ya through" business?

Just so I know, cheers all :-)

On the fibshop website, here if you already have a 4 or 3 day ticket click here and select Abono 4 dias for 4 day tickets and 3 dias for 3 days. Select how many need it and you will need to enter full names and passort numbers in the boxes that pop up.

You will need to pay a admin fee which worked out at £3 for me, still saving you a load. They havent confirmed yet from where the buses will be departing but I imagine they will be from the city centres and not from airports. I think this offer is for spanish people going to the festival and not so much international visitors, but nothing I can see says that international visitors can't use it.

If you have any questions I would email them direct on the contact page (here). They are very helpful and speak english.

I've got a question for anyone who has been to the campfest area?

Is it feasible to hang stuff up between trees? ie hammocks, tarpaulin? I am considering bringing a hammock and to make a bed. for during the day. Is this possible?

I dont know what the layout is like the new campsite.

I can't wait now, there are 20 of us going from Manchester and staying in Marina d'or. Good to read it's not that expensive to get to and from the festival site.

I personally think the line up isn't too bad, yes Bob Dylan, Jessie J etc are not normally my cup of tea but when in the full festival spirit I doubt many people will really care. I've been listening to some of the bands I've not heard of before on Youtube during the last few, Ham Sandwich, totally enormous extinct dinosaurs etc and can't wait.

One question I can't seem to find the answer to is what time are the main support acts usually on? I can't wait for Stone Roses and New Order.

Hopefully I will bump into a few of you lot so see you down the front!!!

x