Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

Extrememly dissapointing announcement, was expecting one or two mid-sized acts. And as the stage split poster has been revealed I am presuming today was the last of the announcements?

Also Im not sure about Crystal Castles and the Horrors on the main stage, two of the bands I am most looking forward to, was hoping they would be on one of the secondary stages, but I suppose it means there are no clashes with headlinders which is a good thing.

Also has anybody stayed in Villacamp before, I have been told it has lots of shaded areas, I think it would be worth the extra money for that alone?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why everybody is so disappointed? Yes a couple more big acts would have been nice but it was fairly obvious that it wasn't going to happen considering the space available, the acts that are touring and the fact the festival is less than two months to go, meaning they would have pulled all the big acts out of the bag in order to shift tickets.

HI all,

Anyone know anywhere to buy tents out there? The guys are sure we wil fond somewhere however Im dubious and wanna be sure im not sleeping in the car for the week with flour others!

Brought my own little tent last year but would be great not to have to pack it, but only if im guarenteed to find somewhere (advice from our mate last year fell apart and I was sooooo glad I went with my own instincts and brought one from home.

Please help!

k

<: 3 )~~

Hey! Going to Benicassim for the first time this year and its sounds great, can't wait for it all! We're four girls aged 18 and have got a few questions about everything really and if anyone could help us out that would be fab!

1. We're arriving on the Wednesday and will get to the campsite mid-afternoon, by reading the other posts it sounds like we're going to get somewhere pretty crap, any ideas what campsite we'd get into and how far away that is to everything, what's it like? Will we end up somewhere miles away with no one fun in it pretty much?! haha

2. What do you need to pack? Bearing in mind we're flying with ryanair so only have 15kg baggage, so also should we get a tent out there or not risk it as we're arriving later and bring one?

3. What's the situation with the water park? It sounds like it would be great for a siesta in the shade but how much is it? is it a long walk and a really long queue and really busy?

4. How much money do you reckon we'll need each? I know this is quite subjective but we have no idea what is an appropriate amount. We're not big eaters, espcially in the heat and we'll buy cheap alcohol from lidl to drink before we go into the arena to save buying drinks in there and we've already paid for all our travel, including trains.

5. What goes on during the day? I heard there's beach parties but is this just one day or a rumour?

6. What's the beach like and how far away?

7. What have people do about passports and flight documents etc? Do you just buy a bum bag and keep it on you all times haha or do you just risk leaving it in the tent?

Ok think that's it, not much to ask! haha

Hey! Going to Benicassim for the first time this year and its sounds great, can't wait for it all! We're four girls aged 18 and have got a few questions about everything really and if anyone could help us out that would be fab!

1. We're arriving on the Wednesday and will get to the campsite mid-afternoon, by reading the other posts it sounds like we're going to get somewhere pretty crap, any ideas what campsite we'd get into and how far away that is to everything, what's it like? Will we end up somewhere miles away with no one fun in it pretty much?! haha

2. What do you need to pack? Bearing in mind we're flying with ryanair so only have 15kg baggage, so also should we get a tent out there or not risk it as we're arriving later and bring one?

3. What's the situation with the water park? It sounds like it would be great for a siesta in the shade but how much is it? is it a long walk and a really long queue and really busy?

4. How much money do you reckon we'll need each? I know this is quite subjective but we have no idea what is an appropriate amount. We're not big eaters, espcially in the heat and we'll buy cheap alcohol from lidl to drink before we go into the arena to save buying drinks in there and we've already paid for all our travel, including trains.

5. What goes on during the day? I heard there's beach parties but is this just one day or a rumour?

6. What's the beach like and how far away?

7. What have people do about passports and flight documents etc? Do you just buy a bum bag and keep it on you all times haha or do you just risk leaving it in the tent?

Ok think that's it, not much to ask! haha

Edited by Ollie7490

1. You'll get into CampFIB (which as far as i know is the only free campsite since they ditched Benicamp a couple of years ago) but it's unlikely you'll have any shade. CampFIB is 5mins from the arena, about 10-15mins for Lidl, and about 20mins from the beach.

2. I'd take a tent with you if possible, along with a sheet and maybe a roll matt, or instead of a roll matt, maybe buy a lilo to sleep on, the ground is solid and rocky in parts. No need for a sleeping bag.

3. Never been to the water park so can't help with that one.

4. I'd say take £250-300 and you'll be more than fine. I took £200 from Monday-Monday last year. I got by but i struggled. Buying anything from the campsite or arena is expensive.

5. Alot of people head to the beach and waterpark in the day, or you can just hang around the campsite, there's always something going on. Beach parties, as far as i know used to happen, but not anymore.

6. The beach is nice, google it. In 2009 when i first went there was a bar on the beach playing chilled out house music if i remember correctly, i can't recall seeing it last year though. The beach is the best place to sleep in my opinion.

7. Every festival i've ever been to i've left my valuables in my bag in my tent. But as you suggest a bumbag may be better, i guess it depends on how comfortable you are with leaving your possesions alone. I've never had a problem. People generally look out for each other at festivals.

Hope this helps.

Roll on Optimus Alive

xD

Well seeing how I live in an even smaller town then no, you're wrong.

Going by your statement then surely most people that go abroad to party and head to nightclubs are sad too?

I was asking if there was any good nightclubs because to put it frankly, most of the line up is shite, and i had my ticket bought from christmas based on last few years line up.

Is anyone flying to Barcelona? if so how're you getting to benicassim? we're going on the 8th, so i don't think the buses are running and we're unsure about trains, assuming its from Barcelona to Valencia?

Going by your statement then surely most people that go abroad to party and head to nightclubs are sad too?

I was asking if there was any good nightclubs because to put it frankly, most of the line up is shite, and i had my ticket bought from christmas based on last few years line up.

Not going to pretend I'm not disappointed with the lineup as in comparison to the past 5 years it seems like a pretty huge downgrade! No more DJs and dance acts to be announced? BOOOOO!

At least it's in the sun! :)