Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally praying for some decent acts to be announced tomorrow, because at the moment it feels like i've wasted over £300 on this festival, without really getting excited about any of the acts, apart from The Stone Roses. Another BIG headliner and plenty of dance acts PLEASE!!!!

Morning,

Long time reader, 1st time poster!

Does anyone know what time the announcement is due today?

I'm off to t' bullrun before festival so i'm not that bothered about the music as such, but 1 more headliner would be lovely. The cure perhaps?

4 months!! So far away...

Just tweeted no Head liners at this time thou! but 12 new bands.

FIB 2012, Benicàssim = en breve, 12 confirmaciones (sin cabezas de cartel esta vez) = in a while 12 confirmations (no headliners this time)

Get ready for more disappointment!

Edited by agould

Has Reading sold out yet? They may have some contractual agreements that no other european festival dates can be announced until they've sold out! Stupid but Reading and Leeds is massive now and can demand this because of the money they pay!

Has Reading sold out yet? They may have some contractual agreements that no other european festival dates can be announced until they've sold out! Stupid but Reading and Leeds is massive now and can demand this because of the money they pay!

Melvin suggested around 5 years ago at a conference that he'd start trying to get clauses in the contracts of the top bands he booked for R/L that applied to their euro fests. It went down like a lead balloon with the promoters, agents, etc that were sat in front of him.

I'm pretty sure that while he might have tried doing that, he's not succeeded. I've seen nothing since then to suggest he's managed to restrict what acts can do in the rest of Europe off the back of him booking them for R/L.