small festivals

Guest wacko

Some of my friends and i went to a great but tiny local festival near penrith this weekend, basically local bands and djs from cumbria and the north east playing in a barn, a small camping area, a bar, a veggie bbq and a hog roast. I wasn't expecting much but had a really great time....

So basically we were wondering how many events like this take place all over the country? would it be possible to spend an entire summer traveling the country doing small festivals every weekend?

Does Anyone know any small or cheap festivals going on? not really bothered who's playing as long as theres a friendly atmosphere and a place to camp.

please post any you know of along with a link to a website/facebook/myspace page with more info.

Some of my friends and i went to a great but tiny local festival near penrith this weekend, basically local bands and djs from cumbria and the north east playing in a barn, a small camping area, a bar, a veggie bbq and a hog roast. I wasn't expecting much but had a really great time....

So basically we were wondering how many events like this take place all over the country? would it be possible to spend an entire summer traveling the country doing small festivals every weekend?

Does Anyone know any small or cheap festivals going on? not really bothered who's playing as long as theres a friendly atmosphere and a place to camp.

please post any you know of along with a link to a website/facebook/myspace page with more info.

Farmfest website 24&25th July.

Its a charity based one that has been going for a number of years now ( 4 I think) on the same site that Sunrise now are using. there's an outdoor stage and beer tent with second stage, a small rave tent, hog roast, toilets/basins lent by Farmer Eavis and loads of fun. We played last year and had a blast. a lot of people from the local area are going this year, as other local festivals have put their prices up too much. tickets are going v well for this one, so be quick.

Just about every festie-goer we know from our neck of the woods is going to this one:

http://www.rockandbikefest.co.uk/

As the name implies, I think that it features bike type activities :O , which I can take or leave miself, but The Levellers are headlining and there are a couple of other folk bands playing, and, best of all, its only £24 including camping for the whole weekend ;) !

Plymouth Volksfest. Youve missed it this year, but perhaps if your thinking about it next year.

£20 in advance or £30 on the gate, for 3 days, and you do get a couple of decent bands on top of the local ones (Sonic Boom 6, Stereo MC's and Dreadzone have all played recently B) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ravenstonedale:

This is a village with 1 pub, a village store, a primary school and... TWO, sometimes THREE festivals a year!

Ravenstonedale Festival as mentioned above is, or at least was, in July and a dancey / punky do.

Macfest is, or at least was, in September and a more folky / world music / family affair (MAC stands for Mostly Acoustic Cumbria).

Macfest hasn't updated its website yet for 2011... and someone said Ravenstonedale Festival doesn't have a website... but keep yer ears pricked... I'm sure something will be happening in this wee hamlet.

Edited by elfweirdigan

• 1 month later...

My friends play this one http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/others2011/wowmusic/ it's meant to be fab. Also I have been going to the Appleyard Fayre in Banham, Norfolk the last few years, it is a really small festival, tiny in fact but last year I took my daughter when she was 15 months and my brother took his kids and they all had a blast. it was £3 to get in 11-11, but you can't camp.

Keep an eye out for the High Head Green Gathering in Cumbria. It's a great little green festival but it doesn't happen every year.

This year, the HHGG crowd are setting up the new green field area at CockRock.

B)

Here are a few links that might help:

High Head Green Gathering

HHGG - Facebook Group

Cock Rock - Green Area