Ufc

just/john

9 hours ago, The Nal said:

Ronda trying to box again. WTF. One one the worst performances in UFC history. CM Punk put up a better fight. There goes a cash cow. 

Embarrassing! I thought Nunes would take it but Ronda didn't even land a punch, absolutely awful showing from her.

• 2 weeks later...

Also Lando Vannata is scheduled for 209, I think.

I actually see Conor beating both those guys, but either will be a great test. Ferguson is a beast with great striking but is also fairly sloppy, and leaves his chin open quite a lot, even Vannata came close to finishing him in his UFC debut. Khabib's record speaks for itself, but in the Diaz II and Alverez fights Conor was was more patient and efficient with his striking, I see him ultimately picking them both apart.

• 4 weeks later...

Same. Hope we get a KO from the spider but Brunson is a very good fighter. Hope it doesn't turn into a wrestlefuck.

the card is pretty good I think, Porier vs Miller should be great and I always look forward to a Jacare fight, one of my favourites. Main event could be good or it could be terrible.

Aldo vs Holloway looking likely for 212 in Rio.

Can't say I've been as hyped for a card since 205.... The main and co-headliner are just going to be great. Add to that Reem/Hunt, Rashad, Lando and Paul Craig - brilliant card on paper. 

Just been announced, assuming on international fight week. It's obviously not right with Yoel and even Jacare deserving title shots, but I will watch the fuck out of this. 

Just think, if Bisping wins, that's Silva in London, winning the title on two weeks notice, avenging the loss to Hendo in his hometown and now the biggest payday he could get. Guy's had an incredible end to his career. 

image.jpeg

It's such bullshit for Jacare and Romero but it's what the ufc has become since the sale and will only get worse. I'm still excited for this though but the ufc won't match GSP with those guys if he wins.

Someone on another forum I use made a good point. When this fight happen, that will be over a year (might be way longer if this doesn't happen until Sep or Dec but think it will be July) that Bisping has had the belt and not defended against a ranked contender in a stacked division.

I can't wait for 209. Khabib/Fergsuon is the most I've been excited for a fight since Aldo/McGregor. The whole card is pretty great, well the main card, prelims aren't the best but doesn't mean the fights won't deliver.

I'm picking Khabib and Wonderboy but wouldn't be surprised at all if Ferg and Woodley pull it off.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

On 1 March 2017 at 7:50 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

I'm picking Khabib and Wonderboy but wouldn't be surprised at all if Ferg and Woodley pull it off.

This is what I'm hoping for but I'm picking the opposite. Likewise, I'm so excited for this!!

regardless of a couple of questionable matchmaking decisions (and the obvious case of 208) the run of PPVs from 202 through to what now looks to be 213 with Bisping/GSP is pretty outstanding in terms of entertainment.

35 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Khabib was taken to the hospital and the fight could be off. Why does this always happen? No official word yet though on if it's still on.

ffs, I bet it is called off. Even if he does fight now, I'd have my money on Tony. Khabib's confidence will be shot 

40 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Khabib was taken to the hospital and the fight could be off. Why does this always happen? No official word yet though on if it's still on.

There's rumours Alvarez might be the replacement if Khabib can't fight. That would be better than nothing but I wouldn't be nearly as interested.