Ufc

just/john

• 2 weeks later...

I actually fell asleep last night way before this started. Read the results though and wasnt surprised in the slightest.

Did see a trailer for the next UFC game. The last part of the video showed KIMBO~! You can imagine my disappointment when I went to amazon and discovered it wasnt immediatley available for pre order.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pz...Fighting_Women/

Found this half decent little documentary on a pair of women mma fighters, thought maybe some of you might be interested.

It's an all right program, doesn't really address any of the issues facing women in mma, all it does is follow a couple of women fighters from the UK as they travel to the US for big fights - but it was an interesting enough watch.

Oh praise the gods upon high. Brock returns~!

Brock Lesnar and Dana White announced this morning on ESPN Sports Center that Lesnar had a clean bill of health and would be returning to fight this summer.

Lesnar detailed his intestinal disorder, a case of diverticulitis and diverticulosis, and said he would not need surgery and has gotten a clean bill of health from several doctors to resume his career. He said he had regained 30 of the 40 pounds he had lost from the illness.

White said that the plan was for Lesnar to face the winner of the Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin match on 3/27 in Newark, over the summer. He said a backup plan would be for Lesnar to face the winner of the Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez match.

He described himself as having a complete miracle cure in the ability to avoid sugery that would have put him on the sidelines for at least a year.

• 3 weeks later...

Coleman looked old. Really old. He bought himself another fight with that promo though. He was outclassed by Couture so badly it was actually embarrasing.

We've seen the end of Frank Trigg I think. Dont know where Serra goes. Would like to see a rematch with Hughes.

Chael Sonnen is so the man right now.

• 1 month later...

*bump*

So its KIMBO vs Matt Mitrione at UFC 113. Surprised they didnt put Kimbo up against James Toney.

Also, anyone got any thoughts on what Frank THE CHAMP Mir said? His fued with lesnar is the best fued ever. pity he's probably going to knocked out by Shane Carwin.

*bump*

So its KIMBO vs Matt Mitrione at UFC 113. Surprised they didn't put Kimbo up against James Toney.

Also, anyone got any thoughts on what Frank THE CHAMP Mir said? His feud with lesnar is the best feud ever. pity he's probably going to knocked out by Shane Carwin.

I don't know... I'm not so quick to write Mir off like everyone else has. He blew passed Congo without even trying, and while Carwin has walk through everyone he's ever faced, this is imo his first real test. Combined with the fact that Carwin hasn't fought for a year (for one reason or another), I'd say this isn't the shoe in people have been suggesting.

And even if Mir does loose, there's a money rematch with Big Nog in the offing - the winner of which will be right back in the title picture once Valesquez and/or Carwin have their shot.

As for that thing what he said.... yer it was retarded, but it was just him trying to secture himself a rematch with Lesnar - something I'm not sure he deserves just yet.

Oh, and I've given up caring about Kimbo Kimbo.

Edited by Halcyon

I could never give up on Kimbo. :P

Mir has a decent chance against Carwin. As funny as it sounds, Mir is a better fighter, but I reckon Carwin will just catch him once and that will be that. Mir has vastly overrated standup, Lesnar caught him in their first fight and rocked him. Hopefully, mir will take Carwin down and submit him. We dont know what Carwins ground game is like, I know he's a half decent wrestler, but he's not the level of Brock. Frank has also put on considerable muscle since UFC 100, so hopefully that will help.

Wouldnt mind a rematch with Big Nog, but the real fun is in a third match with Brock. Although saying that, anything with Frank Mir is great these days.