Solfest 2009

Guest Mosin

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really intrigued by this one to round off the camping/music season for me... I get the impression it's not 100% dance orientated? As in there'll be a bit of a mixed crowd rather than just ravers? I've just been to a really dancey one and it got a bit too much after a while.

I'm surprised you can park next to your tent, normally they rule that out on safety grounds.

Guest Flip
Really intrigued by this one to round off the camping/music season for me... I get the impression it's not 100% dance orientated? As in there'll be a bit of a mixed crowd rather than just ravers? I've just been to a really dancey one and it got a bit too much after a while.

I'm surprised you can park next to your tent, normally they rule that out on safety grounds.

Edited by Flip

Sounds good, thanks for the info :huh: I'm working on a few people and hope to get a crew together... Suggested it to my cousin who has a 5 month old kid and so missed out on Beat-Herder this year, but this one sounds ideal what with being able to have all the stuff in the car at hand.

Anyone know any decent campsites in the area? Thinking of coming up on the Tuesday/Wednesday for a break. I think I've stayed at one near Allonby before but the name eludes me...

Guest Flip

We have stayed in Allonby, on the coast so lovely long deserted beach, sand dunes and views across to Scotland, a good pub with nice ale/food. Good campsite with a swimming pool etc..abit of a quiet site but we still had a good evening and sat out listening to them soundchecking the dance tent!! B)

http://www.springlea.co.uk/index.htm ... possibly the one you have used before?

:lol::):P

Solfest have announced the Dogs in Space chill tent -

Tetchi - Total stars and wonderful music!!

Astrodruid - Awesome

Mahigribeat - Unmissable

Celtarabia - Oh wow! Only seen these once but they are stunning!!

I am not aware of the other names but I will be following them up tonight when I am not hemmed in by firewalls...

Mr Dog is a legend, complete and utter, I owe so much of my musical tastes to this guy...

Great Cumbrian festie, hope we get the HOT summer for it that we have been promised, the food is great as well as the music of which does cater for all tastes......LURRRRVVVEE SOLLY!!

I'm going to this for the first time this year. I'm coming all the way from London :)

I went to kendal calling last year and didnt enjoy it at all - full of 18 year olds off their heads on bad drugs. Please tell me solfest isnt like this?

Edited by DeadAmos