Festy pieces of bits an bobs--essential kit

Guest gratedenini

Well, in an effort to keep the momentum on this forum going... what is your essential piece of festy kit?

As the season approaches, what are you getting ready for this summers jaunts..... I now feel a little guilty at festivals--- after years of just dossing--- we now travel in a lot more comfort, but with having 2 young kids who we`ve trawled around since birth..and another looming--- i consider we`ve served our time!

With the luxury of our Meet The Fockers motor home (its old mind!) we can allow ourselves every convieneince moderne.

I`m not a "clean" festy person-- but our lass is! GOD IS SHE A CLEENY!! so the on board shower room does the bizz there!

As i`ve got a bit older--- part of the joy of fests for me is simply the chillin out and soakin up the atmoshere and enjoying a good lash and some bait--- so i start to stock up on stuff early on... esp lash water.... one of me festy staples now is my version of you Southerners Favs--- Pimms... but mine is nowt like your except it has fruit in!! It blows yer knapper off... and as a pre-dinner snack how about my special Asparagus fingers wrapped in butter soaked slices of bread, fiesty potatoes and nibbles.

Eeee yer bugger---is this outdoor living or what? I tell thee--- lets just go an buy a bowl of chinky noodles from the stall eh?

Seriously though-- the biggest difference having a van or such like is the fact that you can stand up!! And at least somewhere to get respite from the weather--esp if you have kids.

So--- what cant YOU do without?

Oh-- in answer to me liikle marrer Masher-- we`ve had those shower bags that heat up--- and we were plaeasantly suprised--- they did get warm enough for a reasonable shower... but you do need the sun of course.. we put ours on the car bonnet to assist the warming... but never mind--you can use our facilty (for a small fee)

...time is nearly here... lets get excited!!

den the potential twig

eee man--- i made the effort to put a poll on here--and its disappeared! well yer bugger a hell

Edited by gratedenini

852734_medium.jpg

You're right, it's the only way to travel! I love having my little haven with a proper bed and my own toilet and hot water. I just got this one to replace my old merc van conversion. While the old one was comfy there wasn't nearly enough room inside and no room at all with the bed folded out.

I'm nearly 50 - I need my comforts :D:lol:

852734_medium.jpg

You're right, it's the only way to travel! I love having my little haven with a proper bed and my own toilet and hot water. I just got this one to replace my old merc van conversion. While the old one was comfy there wasn't nearly enough room inside and no room at all with the bed folded out.

I'm nearly 50 - I need my comforts :D:lol:

Wychwood will see the first outing for our loan toilet - apparently exclusively for "midnight wees" not anything more sinister. Last years BD's and other events taught us that no matter how many times you ask an 8/10/12 year old whether they need the loo, they will only realise they do after you get back to the tent :P

I think that counts as a new essential, but can't say until after we have used it whether it is truly essential!!

I'm afraid blinking wellies were the only real essential last year, hoping they will not be this season :blink:

Wychwood will see the first outing for our loan toilet - apparently exclusively for "midnight wees" not anything more sinister. Last years BD's and other events taught us that no matter how many times you ask an 8/10/12 year old whether they need the loo, they will only realise they do after you get back to the tent :blink:

I think that counts as a new essential, but can't say until after we have used it whether it is truly essential!!

Here is our essential bit of kit....

/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=172">Clicky this link to see our tent for Wychwood :blink:

Photo courtesy of 'TimeSpeedsUp'...thank you.

This tent belongs to our friend Kay and we had a lovely BBQ & "Wychwood Festy" gathering on Sat nite.

Same tent borrowed for us boys going away to "Bearded Theory" Festival this month.

Then another airing with missus & kids plus the rightful owner at Wychwood.

Happy Days! :P

Edited by Harrow Strongbow Ciderman!

Here is our essential bit of kit....

/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=172">Clicky this link to see our tent for Wychwood :blink:

Photo courtesy of 'TimeSpeedsUp'...thank you.

This tent belongs to our friend Kay and we had a lovely BBQ & "Wychwood Festy" gathering on Sat nite.

Same tent borrowed for us boys going away to "Bearded Theory" Festival this month.

Then another airing with missus & kids plus the rightful owner at Wychwood.

Happy Days! :P

hello, new here so unfortunate that my 1st posting pertains to matters toiletry. I've got a small campervan which is basically a tin tent. I've bought a chemical toilet with the notion that my little daughter can use it but where do i put the darn thing? I don't fancy the idea of having it in the van itself but if I put it in a seperate canvas outhouse arrangement, will it get used by all and sundry. It might squeeze down into the passenger footwell, haven't tried yet - any thoughts?

hello, new here so unfortunate that my 1st posting pertains to matters toiletry. I've got a small campervan which is basically a tin tent. I've bought a chemical toilet with the notion that my little daughter can use it but where do i put the darn thing? I don't fancy the idea of having it in the van itself but if I put it in a seperate canvas outhouse arrangement, will it get used by all and sundry. It might squeeze down into the passenger footwell, haven't tried yet - any thoughts?

Sorry, I have no details. It is in the shed buried under a load of camping stuff. When I dig it out I'll put the "model number" here, but to be honest I couldn't recommend it coz we haven't tried it. I don't know what my sister paid for it either, so all in all a fairly useless response - sorry :P

I don't have festy essentials as such, but ms blue has what she calls her 'device'.

No it's not what you're thinking, that stays in the bedside drawer. It's basically a spout with one end that's shaped to fit her lady parts so she can pee standing up. She says it's brilliant cos she doesn't have to do the festival toilet hover so beloved of the fairer sex. It does look weird though, specially in the Glastonbury longdrops when you can see a womans head over the door and womans wellies under the door pointing the wrong way. It looks like this...

image111.jpg

and you can buy it here.

Edited by mr blue

...remind me not to get near the Family Blue - disssssss-gusting -

and why does she need TWO!!!

Haha I knew that would cause some comments :lol:

She only has one and only uses it 'at the front', but says it is her essential piece of kit which is what the thread was all about.

Would you fancy sitting down on festival toilets mare than you had to?

Can you afford to lose such a valuable member of the community?

When we had a trailer tent--we had one of those bogs... and it came with like a --well a shitting curtain.... like an awning that you could erect and place around the shittin box as cover!

Never took my/our fancy... i think those boxes ALWAYS end up foyying? I wouldnt fancy dragging the bairns turds and wee back home to the NE in a tranny.

Bushes--- they are the best imo. Bushes and other peoples trannies!

Den/Twig

[quote

If you see a brown camper van with a tent stuck to the side, please note it is not a public convenience.

Edited by gratedenini