REFUNDS ANYONE?

Guest caffreyscream

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guy at work today came over all smug and said he'd just seen the line up and he thought it was SH*T! (talk about trying to p*ss on my chips!) to which I informed him quite firmly that I don't go for the music and wouldn't be doing a line up check until I have the official program in my hand. ;)

Anyone thinking about getting a refund? I know i will still have a load of fun at glastonbury this would be my 5th year but i could have as much fun at hydro connect or latitude im thinking with a better line up. I also feel like not supporting the bad line up in any way.

If you actually have a good look at the line up, there is a lot of bands playing that would suit Latitude. The National, Vampire Weekend, MGMT, British Sea Power, Elbow, Band of Horses, CSS, Battles, Holy f**k, Spiritualized, Crystal Castles, Caribou, Tunng, Emmy the Great, Neon Neon, The Duke Spirit, Rachel Unthank & Winterset, Stars, Foals and Patrick Watson.

Throw in some stuff that is simply too big for Latitude, like Leonard Cohen, or just too odd, Shakin Stevens, and then think about all the world music stuff that you wouldn't get at Latitude, I think you would be crazy to get a refund.

That's not to say Latitude isn't good, as I'd love to see Sigur Ros, and I like it that it's not so crowded as Glastonbury. I'm just saying that the Glastonbury line up, is in my opinion, brilliant this year.

i dont see why you would get a refund at this point because of the line as the line up has been more or less known for a while

if you want a refund get one. its your choice...

whatever people think of the line up etc i just dont care. i'm going back to glastonbury and its gonna be quality.

Latitude is a great festival, don't get me wrong, but you won't have as much fun there, it's far too middle-class family orientated. Last year a lady asked me if i wouldnt mind moving out of the way when i was gettin my groove on to CSS so her son (who looked a bout 6) could see.

Given a choice of a line up consisting of 5 huge names, I could name drop in the work place or a varied ecletic mix of music on many smaller stages from all genres combined with the whole Glasto vibe, there really is no contest.

God Bless Glasto and all it stands for, I for one do not want to stand looking at ants 8 hours a day saying look there's bono lol

• 10 months later...
Anyone thinking about getting a refund? I know i will still have a load of fun at glastonbury this would be my 5th year but i could have as much fun at hydro connect or latitude im thinking with a better line up. I also feel like not supporting the bad line up in any way.

No thanks I'm quite content on going the best festival in the country and I've been Leeds, Download, Latitude and V I'd say world but I'm sure people will tell me to go this or that (The best parts combined doesn't come close to places like Shangri-La or Trash City IMO and the line-up is about 2% announced)