End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya.

I know the official timetable pdf is now available, but I have used it to create an unofficial single page printable sheet which shows the start and end times aligned in columns so you can see any potential clashes. You can't plan your day to the nth detail, but it can be useful to check at a glance who is playing where and when.

This is the same as last year - now available at gigleaf.

Thanks GigLeaf! that has helped alot! :P

However I have spent the evening going through the list on myspace and...

OMG what a great great line up!

There are soooo many great bands and performers!

I knew the people I wanted to see but there are now a whole load more!

This is really building the excitement for me.

Anyway back to myspace for some more revelations! :P

Hiya.

I know the official timetable pdf is now available, but I have used it to create an unofficial single page printable sheet which shows the start and end times aligned in columns so you can see any potential clashes. You can't plan your day to the nth detail, but it can be useful to check at a glance who is playing where and when.

This is the same as last year - now available at gigleaf.

Thanks Gigleaf for the timings.

Only clash for me is on the Friday and it's a motherf**ker of a 3 way clash with both American Music Club and Dead Meadow clashing with Coner Oberst-bollocks!!

Saturday evening is a case of settling down on the main stage for Bon Iver,BSP,Low and then the mighty Mercury Rev!

Must see's on the Sunday are Sons of Noel and Adrian,Richard Hawley and Tindersticks.

Can't wait for this.Whatever the weather it can't possibly be worse than Greenman this year!

Hi all :lol:

Having never been to Larmer Tree Gardens before..we were just wondering what the general "terrain" was like in the campervan field?..and how does it usually hold up if the weather turns against us?..

(..is it likely to be yet another "axel-deep-in-mud" event?!?. -_- )

Having never been to Larmer Tree Gardens before..we were just wondering what the general "terrain" was like in the campervan field?..and how does it usually hold up if the weather turns against us?..

Yay, trriple posting!! :lol:-_-

The Larmer Tree Gardens are lovely, I used to go to the actual Larmer Tree Festival on the same site a few years back. Not sure what campervan arrangements are like these days, but I'm sure endoftheroader will answer soon.

As for weather, I doubt ANYTHING can be nearly as bad as Beautiful Days (or Green Man) in mid August, I was at the first and it was a mdubath, and reports reach us of extreme mud at Green man too.

Current suggestions on the Netweather forums at this stage support a 'not too bad' weekend, not completely dry but so far by no means a washout either. They're technical experts including professional forecasters, plus knowledgeable amateur geeks I mean enthusiasts -- they know their stuff. Will be monitoring over next week for updates, will report back ....

One thing is fairly likely though, not warm at night -- bring layers, pullies, hoodies etc.

Hey guys!

Absolutely cannot wait for next weekend! Never been before and seriously excited. Also my first proper festival of the Summer!

I was just wondering, as a relative newbie to this country, what the story is with the trains. I asked in waterloo and they reckoned I didnt need a ticket in advance for the rail and to just get it on that morning. But surely the London-Salisbury trains will be packed no? Especially the early morning trains?

Any advice on whats the best/cheapest way to do it for 3 people?? The National Rail websites are a bit of pain!

Cheers

Has anyone who is planning to stay in Salisbury next Thursday found any CHEAP b & b options? £40 seems the minimum so far, I'd like to save a few more quid for beer.

Just wanting to know what about the final event in the Bimble Inn. End of the Road vs The Local, whats that all about.

Been to BOTH EOTR's AND 12 Larmer Trees so, I can confidently say that you'll be OK!

Downside is, the Campervan Field is as far as you can get from the action - first field on Right as you come in off the main road, though not like Glastonbury's Hill of Death, it IS uphill slightly to the Festival!

The field is flat as a pancake though - can get chilly - grass is kinda long and wet for the late-night tudge back from the Festival. Toilets up top end, no showers, deffo no hook ups! Trees down bottom end - I'll be under one of them cos I'm in on Thursday as I'm SPECIAL, so there!

Conclusion: could be closer, but you'll be OK!