End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

It will be a scorcher - well, surely ONE festival (apart from the IOW which is ALWAYS lucky, but crap) will be sunny.

AND, ssshhh (keep it under yer hat), the lovely Sofia is allowing me and the missus to stay in the CV field from Thursday! Don't all try and copy us now - it's our reward for having been to every EOTR and for travelling 'so far'.

Oh, and Pete!.. did you ever get that pint in at Larmer Tree or Stokes Bay?

If NOT - then EOTR have a good range of beers......................................

Edited by marooned

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's going to be a bit of a trek down for me (four hours+ on the train) so I'm now thinking it might be a much better idea to get down to at least the right part of the country on Thursday. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of where to stay that's close enough and fairly easy to get to the festival site from on Friday morning? I don't know the area at all, so any suggestions would be very gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance

Thanks for the advice, I thought that would probably be the way to do it, but as I had no idea thought I'd ask before running off on a web search!

And yes, a forum meet-up in Salisbury would be a great idea! Somewhere easy to find though as I don't know Salisbury at all :ph34r: Would be a great way to add an extra night onto the weekend!

Right, off to look at places to stay...

Excellent, glad others are getting on board for the camp/meet!

Bishop's Mill looks pretty great, I'd have to give another vote for there. Looks like then I can fit a bit of Salisbury history into my one night stop-over! Perfect :ph34r:

Getting very excited about all this now...

After some more research these will be my "Must Sees" for EOTR 2008:

Friday

Conor Oberst (really like the new album)

Micah P Hinson (although disappointing at Latitude - new album is a grower)

Clare and the Reasons (Pluto is stunning - could Sufjan turn up for vocals on nothing/nowehere :ph34r: )

Saturday

Friska Viljor (check him out - the Bimble will be jumping!)

Bowerbirds (simply awesome - My Oldest Memory may bring a tear!)

Low (Waiting for Murderer...will they play it? Could be a highlight)

Sunday

The Gentle Good (gorgeous, gorgeous, welsh, gorgeous)

Denis Jones (big fan of his album - especially Four Water)

Calexico (end the event with some mellow south west americana rock!)

Looking forward to it...hoora! :lol:

I know EOTR is meant to be the most relaxed "walk around, suck it and see" fest but surely you guys have some must sees on the list?

Won't be able to make it to a thursday meet as I'm allowed onsite early as I'm giving a lift to a steward. But that does mean I'll be there nice and early on Friday so will try and "save" a bit of space for a camp.

Anyone who wants my mobile number can pm me for it......but look for a large brown tent about 20 yards diagonally inside "normal" camping.

Oh and William of W.......sorry, was listening to some weather outlook program on Radio 4 by accident, there is no "link".

My must-sees have kinda become:

Friday: Conor Oberst, Laura Marling, Miserable Rich, The Acorn

Saturday: Absentee, Noah and the Whale, Kurt Wagner, Bon Iver, Young Republic, Mercury Rev (what a day!!!!)

Sunday: Tindersticks, Hey Negrita, Woodpigeon