End of the road festival 2008

Guest zahidf

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there's at least one......cos endofthero said three biggish names (bigger than Okkervil River)...Richard Hawley is obviously one........might count Bon Iver too - though he's bigger now than when endofthero said it!

There's 48 bands on the poster (approx rough count!!!!) and there's 92 bands on their website's list of who appeared in 2007. But I suspect most (but not nearly all) of the difference will be relatively unknown.

Well there's at least one......cos endofthero said three biggish names (bigger than Okkervil River)...Richard Hawley is obviously one........might count Bon Iver too - though he's bigger now than when endofthero said it!

There's 48 bands on the poster (approx rough count!!!!) and there's 92 bands on their website's list of who appeared in 2007. But I suspect most (but not nearly all) of the difference will be relatively unknown.

Hey all.....good to see the maths fans out there...

There will be at least one more announcement, of a 'festival hall/ shepherds bush empire ' level band, plus all of the diy/unsigned applications, and the local stage (which is looking very good so far (i believe that is where charlotte will be playing, for all you with eagle eyes).....

still, as before....im sure you can have your guesses and ill let you know slightly before the rest!!!!

all the best

ro

Hey all.....good to see the maths fans out there...

There will be at least one more announcement, of a 'festival hall/ shepherds bush empire ' level band, plus all of the diy/unsigned applications, and the local stage (which is looking very good so far (i believe that is where charlotte will be playing, for all you with eagle eyes).....

still, as before....im sure you can have your guesses and ill let you know slightly before the rest!!!!

all the best

ro

You've got a real coup having Bon Iver on the bill. I saw them twice at the great escape and they were the greatest thing I have ever seen. Have you seen how much their 8.50 tickets for the St Giles's Church gig are changing hands for on Ebay!

Ludicrous, they will be massive. Even if they aren't already.

I would like it to be one of the following if possible:

Band of Horses (playing SBE on 08/07/08 and 09/07/08)

Fleet Foxes (although they are only supporting a Festival Hall band (Elbow) they should be popular enough to fill it!)

Ben Folds (playing SBE on 25/06/08) - probably too late in the year...back to the US in July

The Shins (where are they this year?)

The Decemberists (played Festival Hall last year)

These are all relatively big names...some at least (in my opinion) would rival the headliners...so maybe I am way off...

Any hints endoftheroadro??? B)

All good picks, Knuckleboy. EOTR does claim it puts bands on according to where they'd best fit on the line-up, not necessarily with the biggest band last (though I think it pretty much ends up that way). So Ben Folds at sunset it is!

I think EOTR deserves an award for being the only festival in the UK and Europe NOT to feature Lightspeed Champion on the bill. That guy's taking exposure to a whole new realm.

I have to say if I had to bet my last rolo I'd probably put it on Band of Horses or Decemberists.

Think Shins or Ben Folds would be a bit toooooo big compared to Calexico et al......but I'd be very happy to be wrong yet again!

And Fleet Foxes are fab.....maybe they can find a wee little slot anyway!

Well it's friday and I'm bored so more deliciously pointless speculation.......what does this do to our guesses?????

The Blue Nile are playing Somerset House which is 3,000 so not out of the running - and they're playing something at all so it's looking less like the stupidly wild punt it actually was when I made it! And would give reason for the delay (not to interfere with Somerset House sales). hmmmmmmm........

All good picks, Knuckleboy. EOTR does claim it puts bands on according to where they'd best fit on the line-up, not necessarily with the biggest band last (though I think it pretty much ends up that way). So Ben Folds at sunset it is!

I think EOTR deserves an award for being the only festival in the UK and Europe NOT to feature Lightspeed Champion on the bill. That guy's taking exposure to a whole new realm.

Sparklehorse would be awesome! Okkervil River still aren't ruled out. In my little dream world, it could be Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan (Come On Over is pure aural seduction.)

Intriguingly, Big Star and Robyn Hitchcock are down to play at Shepherd's Bush at the end of August....

Edited by frogmanstar

Well, going back to an earlier rumour...

Could the presence of Dirty Three mean that it's....

Nicholas Cage...sorry Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds?

Way too big, but what the heck. Worth a punt.

Other guesses:

Steven Malkmus and the Jicks

Vetiver

Animal Collective

Elbow

Death Cab for Cutie

Four Tet

Guillemots

Close?

It's someone much smaller isn't it? Like Tom Gulliver and the Lilliputians?

Wah, no Sparklyhorse then.

Is Ladytron a bit... un-EoTR? They fall into the not-mentioned-at-all category, if that's what was meant by not "anything that you have said so far".

I can't think of any albums I've loved yet this year that would fit the bill :/.

When do we knowwwww?