eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest midnight_toker

To go or not to go?

Ahhh - I got all excited when I thought the Sister were playing in London! Oh well, never mind. I liked the Mission too but just loved the Sisters, as did Mr Toker.

Anyway, from what I can tell, BD looks good to me. For some reason I have the thought in my head that you can drive your car right to the campsite - is that right? The idea of not having to lug everything across the site is very tempting (if a little lazy) but there is no way I'd be happy to leave my car in the campsite at any of the fests I have been to! Have I got some duff information?

BD looks good to me. For some reason I have the thought in my head that you can drive your car right to the campsite - is that right? The idea of not having to lug everything across the site is very tempting (if a little lazy) but there is no way I'd be happy to leave my car in the campsite at any of the fests I have been to! Have I got some duff information?

I heard they were considering teleport systems for next year tho'......

Hauling my stuff from A to B is not a problem - have been to enough festivals to have got acting like a pack horse down to a fine art! Not that a teleporter wouldn't be handy though!

To be honest, my question was more based around the practicalities of having your car on site - don't get me wrong, I don't drive an Aston Martin or Bentley or anything, but I would be paranoid about having my car near to loads of trashed people!

Hauling my stuff from A to B is not a problem - have been to enough festivals to have got acting like a pack horse down to a fine art! Not that a teleporter wouldn't be handy though!

To be honest, my question was more based around the practicalities of having your car on site - don't get me wrong, I don't drive an Aston Martin or Bentley or anything, but I would be paranoid about having my car near to loads of trashed people!

i just use the cycle taxis

I have been to all but one of the Beautiful Days festivals and I have never worried about leaving my car in the car park, unlike other festivals. Also if you get there early enough and camp at the top of the family/quiet camping field you won't have far to walk with all your stuff. We were literally 3 minutes away from our car this year, so it was great for leaving things in the car until they were needed. I think BDs is the safest and best festival I have ever been to and will definitely be going again next year.

I have been to all but one of the Beautiful Days festivals and I have never worried about leaving my car in the car park, unlike other festivals. Also if you get there early enough and camp at the top of the family/quiet camping field you won't have far to walk with all your stuff. We were literally 3 minutes away from our car this year, so it was great for leaving things in the car until they were needed. I think BDs is the safest and best festival I have ever been to and will definitely be going again next year.

Not a pain walking up that hill at the end of each night?

Not thinking about it until I have my grubby hands on tickets.....

I agree, definitely worth going. :) As for camping near the car, easier for us whilst daughter is still in a buggy and doesn't have to walk anywhere. We may have to reconsider where we camp in the future when she is a bit older and has to walk.

Hi this is sams magic hat sauna and hot showers. We're trying to work out where to go this year so when I saw this topic I thought ???? If any of you guys know us from other festies can u tell us if we'd like it and if so who we should get in touch with about going? samssauna.com

Hi this is sams magic hat sauna and hot showers. We're trying to work out where to go this year so when I saw this topic I thought ???? If any of you guys know us from other festies can u tell us if we'd like it and if so who we should get in touch with about going? samssauna.com

I'm going to come for the first time this year :P And I'm bringing Rabid with me! :P