Mens festival wellies crisis

Guest Sparrowpants

aahahahahaaaa.

Funny because it's true.

The first question of the Maths GCSE paper was 'Find the area of the rectangle'.

What followed was a diagram of a rectangle with one side marked '2' and another marked '5'

Ah, those were the days....

....But anyway, competitions about how many A's you have are ridiculous and pointless. Written exams are a shit way of proving how clever you are.

I've got an IQ of 146, but I only got BCC for A Level.

Back on topic people.

Wellies are for little girls.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant be arsed to read this whole thread tho its nicele compacted into one little window infront of me

personally im just gonna get sum plain wellies, and maybe, maybe do sumin on them to funk em up a bit, but ill probably not be arsed, but i am buyin and taking sum, no way in hell am i going thru the apocalyptic rain of the gods called muse like last year again in just trainers

f**k no!

Well, as a first class honours psychology graduate, :D I can tell you that IQ tests are a sh*t way of measuring intelligence. Well written exams and practical tasks are a much better measure of whetgher you can use intelligence and knowledge in a specific, possibly real world, situation.

Of course, whether GCSEs and A-levels are these sorts of exams is a whole other issue!

Why do you need to be a first class honours psychology graduate to tell people that? It's just basic common sense, unless you've got any statistical results to prove it, but even then it's the results that are significant, not who tells them.

Indeed, of course, sometimes grades at GCSE/A-level can provide an indication of what you can do, as can IQ, however both are hugely fallible at doing so. They do however, as you said, provide several career pathways, so have a use.

I'd argue that suitable qualifications can make you more able to make a valid point, as in gaining such qualifications there is a high chance you will grow to learn and understand more on the subject matter. However that's not to say that those without such qualifications will be any less able to. To re-emphasise my original point: the ability to make the point is what matters, not any qualification which might imply that you can. All any exam/test/course results, including IQ, can do is imply you can do things. Useful as a rough guideline to what skills people have, but only a rough guideline.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...