PEARL JAM

Guest Olivavu

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently six people died in Denmark when they last played a festival and because of that part of the deal to get them to play Carling weekend was to install the second barrier for safety (although all it does is mean there are two groups of people getting crushed against the barrier instead of one). It's mentioned in another thread regarding the barrier.

it was rock am wasnt it? i was aware that people were saying "oh if its pearl jam's fault im gonna hate them" but i was wondering if someone in a high position had said, look fellas, we don't wait it, but our pal eddie does etc.

edit: it wasn't rock am ring thats another country all together... it was in fact roskilde.

Edited by AloneInDecember

If Mean Fiddler offered Pearl Jam the slot and they came back with the term that there had to be a barrier, then it was up to Mean Fiddler as to go ahead or not.

Pearl Jam were deeply upset and hurt by the events at Roskilde and understandably don't want a repeat.

If people want to hate them for this, then that's their problem.

If Mean Fiddler offered Pearl Jam the slot and they came back with the term that there had to be a barrier, then it was up to Mean Fiddler as to go ahead or not.

Pearl Jam were deeply upset and hurt by the events at Roskilde and understandably don't want a repeat.

If people want to hate them for this, then that's their problem.

Well, it's up there with Cliff Richard's christmas singles, for sure.

Anyhow, I've just realised Slayer are playing this festival. If I knew that I would have suggested to the thousands of posts above that people go watch that just to see Lombardo drumming. Awesome.

Now there's an influential band. Created the best thrash album - ever. And they would possibly eat Pearl Jam in their earlier days ....