Blues music

Absorbingbow

37 minutes ago, The Nal said:

None. Glasto tried it once with Bourbon St but they were all white Europeans playing it badly. 

Really need Americans for good blues and they rarely travel internationally.

Bourbon street is a tourist trap, well worth getting an tour organized tour if you want music spots in NO well worth it take you to all these great little spots of the beaten track

21 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Bourbon street is a tourist trap, well worth getting an tour organized tour if you want music spots in NO well worth it take you to all these great little spots of the beaten track

Bourbon Street in this instance was a bar not far from the Bandstand, was there in 2010 & 2011.

P1000553.thumb.JPG.23da81f1fc46c026bfbfd6dd66391b49.JPG

56 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bourbon Street in this instance was a bar not far from the Bandstand, was there in 2010 & 2011.

P1000553.thumb.JPG.23da81f1fc46c026bfbfd6dd66391b49.JPG

Haha my first Glastonbury was 2013.....  still I feel like I should have got this. 

But to get value from my comment. If they wanted to give this stage a proper blues name they should have called it...  backstreets of New Orleans instead of Bourbon Street. 

Bourbon street these days is more Leeds or Reading.  

True. Probably naming it Frenchman Street would have been more accurate. I still mourn the loss of this at Glastonbury but I can see why it failed. reasons given above, I’d like Acoustic to become a lot more like it personally.

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Haha my first Glastonbury was 2013.....  still I feel like I should have got this. 

But to get value from my comment. If they wanted to give this stage a proper blues name they should have called it...  backstreets of New Orleans instead of Bourbon Street. 

59 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Was there a few weeks ago. Bourbon St is a kip but theres still some great little bars off the main bars. Loads of secret little doors into "back bars" etc.

But yeah, like any city the best places are always away from the tourist areas.

And just to be a total pedantic twat, New Orleans is more of a jazz city. Glasto should've called the stage Beale St or the Clarkesdale Stage.

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

And just to be a total pedantic twat, New Orleans is more of a jazz city. Glasto should've called the stage Beale St or the Clarkesdale Stage.

True

On 5/12/2024 at 11:05 PM, DJL said:

Not a great deal springs to mind to be honest - Russell Crowe, Toby Lee and Elles Bailey all have various elements of blues to them.

Same. Which is odd, because there are usually at least a handful 🤔