Paine's ground

We've camped in Paines for years and yes, it does fill up early on Wednesday.  Depending on what size tent you have you might squeeze one in on Thursday but it would be tight.  Plus it reduced in size last year, we lost some of it to Park staff camping (I think) so even harder to get a nice space now.  We were on top of each other last year but there was a lot of us and we were happy to be together even if it was more squashed.  A few years back we had loads of room but it has definitely increased in popularity.  

I was a first time camper in Paines in 2023 due to losing our usual spot 'behind the park' to Arcadia crew.

I came on a coach and arrived around 11am but my friends had already set up camp.......it was pretty full by early afternoon on the Wednesday from recollection.

Like someone else said it was quite packed in but not to the point of it being uncomfortable.

Where we normally camp in Paines, it was noticeably more packed in this year. There was no clear pathway out to the path without stepping over corners of tents etc.

I'd say you'd be lucky to get anything sizeable in there, South Park is probably a more viable option.   

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Where we normally camp in Paines, it was noticeably more packed in this year. There was no clear pathway out to the path without stepping over corners of tents etc.

I'd say you'd be lucky to get anything sizeable in there, South Park is probably a more viable option.   

And, Paines is horrible. Nasty, inconsiderate people, filth and detritus everywhere. Best avoided.

Ben

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The last 2 festivals I think everywhere filled up more quickly than before.  Anyone who didn't arrive on Weds would have probably had to camp further out.