Does anybody stay in a hotel near Glastonbury on the Tuesday night?

jackplaysguitar

I come down from Cumbria so over the years have spent Tuesday night in Bristol, Bridgewater & Glastonbury. I've mates that stay in Street most years. Before getting a Campervan my favourite was the Market Place which I stayed in a few times. Nice boozer right in the middle of town. Also plenty of B&Bs in town.

I haven't been to Glastonbury before so I've no idea if it's a great plan or not, but I'm staying in Bruton on the Tuesday, somewhere called At the Chapel. My one concern is that the place looks great, is quite small, isn't wildly expensive and still isn't fully booked, which suggests it's not as good as idea as I thought.

As you’ve probably gathered you won’t get much sympathy around here for ‘approaching your 30’s’ 😂😂

23 hours ago, Northtim said:

edit - Sparkford pub looks to have a room still, probably the one I cancelled after we got coach resale tickets!

We’ve got an AirBnB booked in Coxley that we’re considering cancelling in favour of booking the Sparkford Inn (or Hunters Lodge) as Coxley seems to be on the wrong side of the festival for us to easily get to Tangerine Fields Base Camp. 

Have you stayed there before and would you recommend?

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

We’ve got an AirBnB booked in Coxley that we’re considering cancelling in favour of booking the Sparkford Inn (or Hunters Lodge) as Coxley seems to be on the wrong side of the festival for us to easily get to Tangerine Fields Base Camp. 

Have you stayed there before and would you recommend?

Stayed there night before a couple of times. It’s fine, decent food & beer and comfy. Never stayed for breakfast as leave early to queue!

Almost everyone there was heading to the festival.

32 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Stayed there night before a couple of times. It’s fine, decent food & beer and comfy. Never stayed for breakfast as leave early to queue!

Almost everyone there was heading to the festival.

How did you find the drive in on Wednesday morning?

The idea of starting the adventure a night early sounds like fun. But I’ve probably taken for granted the fact I live about 90 minutes from the site.

On 4/30/2024 at 10:02 PM, jackplaysguitar said:

Just been looking at some options for the Tuesday night to make our lives easier.

Travelling down from the North we normally set off in the middle of the night but now that we're not that we're approaching our 30's we're looking at perhaps staying in somewhere nearby such as Bath or Frome on the Tuesday so that we can be fresh faced for the Wednesday gate queue.

Does anybody else do the same? Anybody got any good pointers? We're coming down from Leeds so approach Glastonbury on the M5 through Bristol

not too many hotel options near to Glastonbury - there's quite a few at the north of Bristol in Filton/Stoke Gifford, near the junction of the M4 and M32 , so easy to access without getting stuck in a traffic jam

23 minutes ago, 1986 said:

The idea of starting the adventure a night early sounds like fun. But I’ve probably taken for granted the fact I live about 90 minutes from the site.

If I get a clear run I can drive it in 2 hours (2 hrs 15 with a quick stop), but in 2017 we stayed locally the night before and those extra 2-3 hours in bed made all the difference later on in the day!

This year its alarm at 3am and hopefully on the road by 4am having picked everyone up.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

How did you find the drive in on Wednesday morning?

Easy - we were heading for Gate D side parking so down to A37 roundabout then north on A37 and cut through via West Bradley and joined A361 at West Pennard.  If heading for the east side I think that is just straight up A37?  Our route took about 30-40 mins with some queuing along A361 even at 5.30/6am!

Edited by Northtim