Beer run

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Is there a bus to Shepton Mallet? If so, there is a Tesco there. Otherwise it would be bus to Glasto Town and then a walk to one of the supermarkets

There is.

The quickest/cheapest bus to a local town is the hourly shuttle to Shepton Mallet, and it stops right outside Tesco (which I've never been in, but I've heard stocks up especially for the Festival).

9 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

They wouldn't be allowed to park there

I work alongside some of the site crew who do that every year, they go out to meet them and the driver just drops and goes. 

6 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

I work alongside some of the site crew who do that every year, they go out to meet them and the driver just drops and goes. 

It's not viable advice for general public, though.

Aside from the fact that enforcement increases tenfold on show days, the public are heavily discouraged from getting anywhere near the area.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Shuttle is good, would you have to queue to get back in? I’m trying to remember how it works 

There is a separate re-entry lane so they won't have to queue with new arrivals. 😊

• 3 weeks later...

There's a bus on the half hour, from 0730 until 2230 to Glastonbury Town Centre from the Festival Bus Station- bus GF1. It comes back from Glastonbury Town Hall on the hour until 10pm. It's £4.50 each way.

Then there's GF2 to Shepton Mallet as mentioned. That leaves also from the festival bus station on the half hour from 0730 til 2030, takes 15 mins to Shepton Mallet Cenotaph, and then leaves on the hour from 10 - 8pm from the Cenotaph. 

So options!

Edited by irnkrtn

17 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Would a better way be to ask someone with a car to buy a few crates beforehand so they don't need to leave the site? I've seen liftshare threads, so maybe there could be a "beer haul buddy" thread or something. Makes sense in my little brain anyway.

Yeah that’s a good way . But need to coordinate with a driver to trek back to the car so might not fit with the drivers plans and it relys on someone else . Going out to nearby town not the case . 

6 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Would a better way be to ask someone with a car to buy a few crates beforehand so they don't need to leave the site? I've seen liftshare threads, so maybe there could be a "beer haul buddy" thread or something. Makes sense in my little brain anyway.

Trouble would be finding the other person, people not turning up, etc. It would be nice in an ideal world though or at smallest festivals.

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah that’s a good way . But need to coordinate with a driver to trek back to the car so might not fit with the drivers plans and it relys on someone else . Going out to nearby town not the case . 

39 minutes ago, CanWeRest said:

Trouble would be finding the other person, people not turning up, etc. It would be nice in an ideal world though or at smallest festivals.

All good points. Back to the drawing board.

If you do head into Shepton - there is also the Aldi across the carpark from Tesco which may be quicker and potentially cheaper too - Shepton Tesco is usually pretty rammed around festival week. Can also pick yourself up a cheeky sausage roll at Gregs while you wait for your bus back too over there 😉

On 5/11/2024 at 8:35 PM, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

All good points. Back to the drawing board.

One idea if you could find someone in CV East willing to do itthey'd be staying next to their vehicle so could meet pre fest or an agreed late night/morning

• Upvote 1