Campervan arrivals Wednesday

FidgetPiglet

On 4/10/2024 at 7:45 AM, Paul ™ said:

And Fiona is the Campervan Fields Manager so she knows best 

I may have met her last year..

A friend (on her own in a small cv) had obnoxious neighbours... A very helpful lady in charge helped us move her to a nicer spot 👍 

1 hour ago, a.shep said:

I've done this for my own geeky benefit but thought I'd share in case it's useful for anyone else in the quiet east campervan site. Not bothered with 21 because it's minutes walk.

image.jpeg.697b3b1d69c0585363970299443eecee.jpeg

Nice.... (but you know someone is going to ask you to do the same for across the road...??)

1 minute ago, BlueDaze said:

Nice.... (but you know someone is going to ask you to do the same for across the road...??)

Haha I can do if people think it'd be useful. (wasn't going to volunteer for that though)

1 minute ago, a.shep said:

Haha I can do if people think it'd be useful. (wasn't going to volunteer for that though)

btw.. the distances on the way back are somewhat longer as you weave your way up the hill...

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

What documents have been put out Neil? 

the thing about how they fill the fields

4 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Not even sure what your actual point is here, are you having another episode? 

remind me, when was the first?

no particular point apart from i'm surprised someone is claiming the management it  always seems shambolic, and can normally see that "a few tweaks right now would make it run smoother. like so there wasn't a two hour lane-queue

15 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Not bothered with 21 because it's minutes walk

that field is not an option its not for general use, its eavis' friends and disabled.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

the thing about how they fill the fields

remind me, when was the first?

no particular point apart from i'm surprised someone is claiming the management it  always seems shambolic, and can normally see that "a few tweaks right now would make it run smoother. like so there wasn't a two hour lane-queue

I'd hardly say a post on social media, which looks like it's answering someone's question is putting out documents.

I've only stayed in the Live In fields once at Glastonbury, in 2022 and it was as smooth as silk for ingress and egress, no complaints whatsoever. 

I must tell her to ask for your expertise and knowledge when next needing some help..

Keep taking those pills Neil 

38 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I may have met her last year..

A friend (on her own in a small cv) had obnoxious neighbours... A very helpful lady in charge helped us move her to a nicer spot 👍 

Indeed she is amazing, along with the rest of the management team.

She had a lot of involvement when a friend of ours needed urgent hospital care on the Wednesday morning in 2022, went above and beyond what was needed.

3 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

I'd hardly say a post on social media, which looks like it's answering someone's question is putting out documents.

I've only stayed in the Live In fields once at Glastonbury, in 2022 and it was as smooth as silk for ingress and egress, no complaints whatsoever. 

I must tell her to ask for your expertise and knowledge when next needing some help..

Keep taking those pills Neil 

Keep inventing bullshit. Your one experience is much less than the fifteen times I've used those fields.never been smooth in and always obvious where it could be improved, only been smooth out with a 6 am exit.

7 hours ago, Neil said:
7 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Not bothered with 21 because it's minutes walk

that field is not an option its not for general use, its eavis' friends and disabled.

Pedantry Corner

Sorry Neil... That quote wasn't actually me.. and I think you took the OP's quote out of context..
He was talking about distances of individual CV Fields from PGC.. Not whether he had stayed (or attempted to stay) in them..

He had 'Not bothered noting the distance of CV21 to PGC because its only a minutes walk..'

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Keep inventing bullshit. Your one experience is much less than the fifteen times I've used those fields.never been smooth in and always obvious where it could be improved, only been smooth out with a 6 am exit.

I have to say in my 11 stays in CV East (starting in 2007) i have never had reason to complain about the entry & exit..

Even the 2016(?) massive pre-fest soaking that meant they delayed CV entry at the last minute and had huge queues on the roads for hours was handled as well as it could have been (shuttle tractor pulls getting campers on site from the road & emergency use of B&W..)

The entry, considering it uses the v narrow Pylle Road, always seems super efficient to me.. and the stewards are nearly always friendly and have accommodated when we have arrived in (near) convoy.. I would be interested to hear your specific issues 

The exit, down the same narrow lanes, is never going to be quick when you have hundreds of vehicles trying to leave around the same time.. to your point either leave at 6am or queue

• Upvote 1

Ive never had reason to complain about entrance or exit. I've often seen how staff decisions nake it run less smoothly than it could. There's no real reason why there's queues on the lane in. Should be able to keep a constant flow.

Campervanners - do you have any special spots you like to visit on the way up/across/down?! We're heading in from London for the first time ever. Usually I stop at Gloucester services. Any campervan friendly spots on the way from the east?!

25 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

Campervanners - do you have any special spots you like to visit on the way up/across/down?! We're heading in from London for the first time ever. Usually I stop at Gloucester services. Any campervan friendly spots on the way from the east?!

Fleet Services on the M3 on the Monday is like a refugee camp for the great unwashed... I imagine McD's & KFC have record takings on that day

7 hours ago, Neil said:

never been smooth in and always obvious where it could be improved, only been smooth out with a 6 am exit.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Ive never had reason to complain about entrance or exit. I've often seen how staff decisions nake it run less smoothly than it could. There's no real reason why there's queues on the lane in. Should be able to keep a constant flow.

🤣 Contradiction right there... You need to lie down in a dark room.

People cause the queues going in on ingress, looking for tickets, not got them ready, wanting to wait for mates etc 

3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I have to say in my 11 stays in CV East (starting in 2007) i have never had reason to complain about the entry & exit..

Even the 2016(?) massive pre-fest soaking that meant they delayed CV entry at the last minute and had huge queues on the roads for hours was handled as well as it could have been (shuttle tractor pulls getting campers on site from the road & emergency use of B&W..)

The entry, considering it uses the v narrow Pylle Road, always seems super efficient to me.. and the stewards are nearly always friendly and have accommodated when we have arrived in (near) convoy.. I would be interested to hear your specific issues 

The exit, down the same narrow lanes, is never going to be quick when you have hundreds of vehicles trying to leave around the same time.. to your point either leave at 6am or queue

I've worked alongside the team involved for years, including overseeing them at other events and 100% agree with you. 

However Neil is obviously an expert and should let the festival know his improvement ideas. 

9 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

🤣 Contradiction right there... You need to lie down in a dark room.

People cause the queues going in on ingress, looking for tickets, not got them ready, wanting to wait for mates etc 

And staff standing around not checking tickets doesn't allow the punters to mess it up 

7 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

I've worked alongside the team involved for years, including overseeing them at other events and 100% agree with you. 

However Neil is obviously an expert and should let the festival know his improvement ideas. 

So you've worked with that team for years and never observed a process that could be improved. My first tip for improvement is to lose the unthinking staff.

12 hours ago, Neil said:

So you've worked with that team for years and never observed a process that could be improved. My first tip for improvement is to lose the unthinking staff.

Now your on about a totally different company to the one your previous rant was about in the CV Fields.

The team, led by the lovely Fiona is who run the CV fields. 

The team you are now referring to in the ticket check area are a totally different company, CTM (Now Tracsis)

[snip. Refrain from becoming so personal please - mod]

Edited by kerplunk

A little tip if you want to save the full hike back to the CV fields for stuff, we usually take in any cold/wet weather gear we think we will need, spare clothes for the kids and booze and leave them in the lock up as you go through PGC

On 4/22/2024 at 6:59 PM, Themadwife said:

I’ve just booked at Bath & West with Campervan - I can see you can arrive from midday Tuesday - can you arrive all night, or does it have a cut off time in the evening ? Thanks - newbie here x

There’s no cut off time. You can arrive any time of the day or night.