UK Politics

kalifire

3 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Green surge etc 

They're going to win Bristol Central aren't they. I really hope that is Neil's seat lol

not any more, cos I've moved, they're not going to win Bristol central, any more than they won  Bristol west, which they also claimed they'd win, they also chucked loads of tax_avoided cash at trying to win it, and they don't have access to that tax_avoided cash any more.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Assange has won right to appeal against extradition to the US. I don't like him much, but this whole thing is ridiculous. Let the bloke go.

the monkey turned it in to a circus.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

😀 excellent

Not to go all Neil on things but no way Greens get 7% in an actual UK election in scotland, they got 1% last time and barely stand in any seats 

If results were anything like that, Labour would absolutely clean up in the central belt 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

😀 excellent

Not to go all Neil on things but no way Greens get 7% in an actual UK election in scotland, they got 1% last time and barely stand in any seats 

If results were anything like that, Labour would absolutely clean up in the central belt 

some of that SNP support might be going to Greens?

Just now, steviewevie said:

some of that SNP support might be going to Greens?

No doubt yeah but in reality in an actual election using FPTP I doubt it holds up. Last time they only stood in 22 seats which is less than half. They lost their deposits in all of them. They might get 3 or 4 percent from people who will no longer vote SNP due to what's gone on. 

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

people who will no longer vote SNP due to what's gone on. 

isn't there a free motorhome holiday for every vote.:P 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Boot camps are back. Yay.

I wonder what it will take for the penny to drop for some....................... that for decades the UK has not and never will have enough workers to do the work we need to be done.

I loved an interview on BBC Politics Live where a Tory was asked if he would like someone forced to be a care worker looking after their parents............... their inability to even stumble to any sort of coherent reply was hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I wonder what it will take for the penny to drop for some....................... that for decades the UK has not and never will have enough workers to do the work we need to be done.

I loved an interview on BBC Politics Live where a Tory was asked if he would like someone forced to be a care worker looking after their parents............... their inability to even stumble to any sort of coherent reply was hilarious.

Well the government may well get a big drop in immigration numbers and then next government will have to deal with a collapsing university sector and social care sector as a result.

33 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Well the government may well get a big drop in immigration numbers and then next government will have to deal with a collapsing university sector and social care sector as a result.

Don't forget rising unemployment and falling vacancies which has already started but will likely pick up pace in the next 12 months................. so will obviously not be the Tories fault.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

tories f**ked up skills training when they abolished the govt-funded old-school apprenticeship scheme in about 1985. just about every business large &small  had trainees using the scheme (with the scheme paying most of the employment costs).  stopping the scheme caused greater youth unemployment , and ultimately, the much greater costs of diverting that age cohort thru uni.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

IMF saying UK economy doing better than expected...maybe polls will start to narrow if those Don't Knows feel they can trust the Tories again.

itll take a long time to feel any benefit  from an improved economy, but also not likely to feel as personally prosperous as we felt before  the cost of living crisis

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

IMF have also said Jeremy Hunt has f**ked us with his NI cuts.

They want the hole plugged with charge by mile driving costs and broadening the VAT base. I wonder if Labour will listen.