Secret Garden Party 2024

gfa

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Isaaclk said:

Anyone know why they cancelled My Cause volunteer places? 😞

I would assume that the festival is selling badly, and have made cuts. Which could mean fewer stewards, could mean switching to a cheaper organisation entirely, or could mean something more drastic. There's certainly precedent for all of the above happening with other festivals,

11 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Ask MyCause?

To be fair, if they had or still have a contract with SGP then they may be limited in what they can say.

Looking at the MyCause application portal, SGP is no longer listed at all so my best guess would be that SGP is trying to cut costs and go a cheaper route with stewarding.

• 3 months later...
33 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Thinking of going this year. Is the carpark near the camping. Mrs Q may have to go ahead and wondering if it's a yomp or not. 

It's difficult to say for sure, as this year is reduced capacity and so presumably reduced layout.

But yeah in previous years the car park and the larger campsite were either side of the main public gate.

• Thanks 1

Going to this, never been before but will be with some veterans who are huge fans. Know very little on the line up but getting the impression it's similar to Shambala or Lost Village, where I also recognised very few names initially but had a great time exploring and discovering (although must admit Lost Village was skewing a little too dance-y for my tastes).

Anyone got any recommendations? Either of stuff to see or just about the festival generally?

Capture.JPG.061cf8a23ca5129529ef2f6e9070f1d1.JPG

It's under the 'What should I pack' drop down in the Camping and Boutique section on the website.

17 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Does anyone know the alcohol restriction limit for this year?  I went to this festival only once (many moons ago) and the restriction was, to my mind, insane. I doubt that stance has altered, but can't seem to find out the info online for 2024.

Edited by MilkyJoe
more info
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for responding @Milky Joe

It is what I had thought would be the case.

It would be time to do one's homework on that front, if one was going.

This sort of restriction seems mental to be fair although I get that they have a need to look after the bars on site etc. It would be interesting to know what bar prices ‘as low as possible’ actually meant but I think I would be looking at the decanted spirit option and hoping for the best.

On 7/12/2024 at 3:25 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Going to this, never been before but will be with some veterans who are huge fans. Know very little on the line up but getting the impression it's similar to Shambala or Lost Village, where I also recognised very few names initially but had a great time exploring and discovering (although must admit Lost Village was skewing a little too dance-y for my tastes).

Anyone got any recommendations? Either of stuff to see or just about the festival generally?

In the same boat. Never been.but am this year.

See they are going back to having up and coming acts instead of well know acts so looking to explore find something new and just generally enjoy the madness. 

Am looking forward to Unkle. But especially Ren, be interesting on what the show will be like.

14 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Are you going?

I'm not. I have been (a fair few years ago now) and had a belting time. I was asking the question about alcohol because it was severely restricted all those years ago, and I just wondered if it had altered any. it appears not. I'm going to send you a copy of a PM that I sent to Milky joe about this - seeing as you are going.

On 7/16/2024 at 8:12 AM, fred quimby said:

In the same boat. Never been.but am this year.

See they are going back to having up and coming acts instead of well know acts so looking to explore find something new and just generally enjoy the madness. 

Am looking forward to Unkle. But especially Ren, be interesting on what the show will be like.

Yeah "generally enjoy the madness" sounds like the correct approach! Been listening to a couple of playlists and there's definitely plenty of stuff that sounds worthwhile. Agree on Unkle and Ren, other highlights for me have been Chinchilla, High Fade and Getdown Services.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not. I have been (a fair few years ago now) and had a belting time. I was asking the question about alcohol because it was severely restricted all those years ago, and I just wondered if it had altered any. it appears not. I'm going to send you a copy of a PM that I sent to Milky joe about this - seeing as you are going.

I'm also going, any chance I can get in on this insider info? 😁

And glad to hear you've had a great time in the past, seems to be a lot of people's experience. Just hoping they manage to recreate the magic this year. Sounds like they're struggling to sell despite the downsize, if you check their Facebook page they're currently doing half price tickets thanks to some generosity from Ren.

7 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

You should just make a post Yog!😁

Hello Milky Joe.

The problem with that is that someone connected with the festival might see, and then they become aware. Plus I'm happy to spread the word privately.

Hope you are happy and well out there on the rig. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Milky Joe.

The problem with that is that someone connected with the festival might see, and then they become aware. Plus I'm happy to spread the word privately.

Hope you are happy and well out there on the rig. 🙂

Very good point. I forget that festival people are on here too. You’re right it’s best to keep it under the radar.👍🏼

7 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Very good point. I forget that festival people are on here too. You’re right it’s best to keep it under the radar.👍🏼

I know that someone connected may ask me directly on here. To lessen the chance of that I look at how long a questioner has been on efests. I'm afraid anybody new asking me will not be told. 

• Upvote 1