Wychwood 2024

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

don't they just use 'dexys' now without the 'midnight runners' bit?

They do indeed. Their X account quotes 'Dexys (and Dexys Midnight Runners)'. For the purposes of the quiz it'll do the trick, I guess, but makes you wonder if the band would thank 'em for putting folks in mind of the old moniker 🙂

43 minutes ago, Spuddhism said:

They do indeed. Their X account quotes 'Dexys (and Dexys Midnight Runners)'. For the purposes of the quiz it'll do the trick, I guess, but makes you wonder if the band would thank 'em for putting folks in mind of the old moniker 🙂

I saw dexys at Glastonbury about ten years back and I thought they were great the timing of Kevin's voice was impecible.

When I saw the lineup poster I just assumed that Hooky & Dexy's must be main stage subs. Think its wierd they are listed as GardenStage. Unless, I am confused thats a small tent. I am sure I saw a couple of people in it last year, Tibetan Monks and some band called Wings of Desire or something like that. I did not really bother with it as it seemed to be people I did not know and doubted would interest me. It seemed to be comedians and small groups.

So unless its now a big stage it would be madness to put Peter Hook & The Light in a small tent even directly against Texas. I have to admit, I will be well narked if its not a mistake and they do clash. Being able to see Texas and Hooky was the big incent to but tickets.

Expecting/Hoping this changes and he gets announced for main stage or Garden is now a big stage and still does not clash with the main stage otherwise I will feel well mugged-off after buying on the look of the poster.

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas on where they will site the festival and camping this year?  I though last year's site wasn't as good as when they held it closer to the main racecourse building with the stages surrounded by hard standing.

On 1/26/2024 at 9:54 AM, cymruambyth said:

Hi, do the headliners on the main stage and Garden stage clash at Wychwood. Hoping to see Texas and Hooky on the Saturday night. Thanks 

they normally about clash, you could go between the stage and get some of both, cos the stages aren't far apart.

9 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Any ideas on where they will site the festival and camping this year?  I though last year's site wasn't as good as when they held it closer to the main racecourse building with the stages surrounded by hard standing.

i think i was told they had some site changes forced on them last year, so i guess they tried to make the best with what they had available, so i'd expect the same unless they've been given more land to operate from.