Live at Leeds In The Park 2024

WRhodes493

Reckon there must be a change in how the stages are set up this year - Circa Waves and Slow Readers Club still unaccounted for, the two Dork stages last year seem much too small certainly for Circa Waves. We shall see!

Just now, WRhodes493 said:

Reckon there must be a change in how the stages are set up this year - Circa Waves and Slow Readers Club still unaccounted for, the two Dork stages last year seem much too small certainly for Circa Waves. We shall see!

Web site says 5 stages. They've changed from split stages for Slam Dunk too. Looks like a similar number of bands though. The site layout and timings will be interesting.

Still a few more bigger names to come... also Mysterines, Mystery Jets, The Academic...

8 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Web site says 5 stages. They've changed from split stages for Slam Dunk too. Looks like a similar number of bands though. The site layout and timings will be interesting.

Still a few more bigger names to come... also Mysterines, Mystery Jets, The Academic...

That's too many big names for those small stages! Just occurred to me that there was a fenced off area last year with a bigger stage, which I presume was for Slam Dunk - wondering if they're making use of that area for LaL this year.

7 minutes ago, WRhodes493 said:

That's too many big names for those small stages! Just occurred to me that there was a fenced off area last year with a bigger stage, which I presume was for Slam Dunk - wondering if they're making use of that area for LaL this year.

It's a massive site, apparently holds c. 60k. So there's lots of options for them. This latest one seems like the smallest stage - new music, etc.  Dork is the only sponsor not named on a stage yet, so maybe they're getting a bigger one this year. Wondering if there'll also be a Brudenell named stage.

10 minutes ago, superhans said:

With tickets currently priced at £70, is it worth booking now to avoid potential sell-out? Or should I wait and see if any discounted tickets pop up?

It's a tricky one! I'm holding my breath atm. For comparison, last year, TfG had them up first weekend in May. On the upside, the site is massive (apparently c. 60k+), and I think they sell a lot more for Slam Dunk than Live at Leeds.

1 hour ago, superhans said:

With tickets currently priced at £70, is it worth booking now to avoid potential sell-out? Or should I wait and see if any discounted tickets pop up?

it's never sold out once, and I don't really see this year being the first time. 

2 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

It's a tricky one! I'm holding my breath atm. For comparison, last year, TfG had them up first weekend in May. On the upside, the site is massive (apparently c. 60k+), and I think they sell a lot more for Slam Dunk than Live at Leeds.

would really love a cheap ticket, could you tag me if they pop up on TfG? thanks

3 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

would really love a cheap ticket, could you tag me if they pop up on TfG? thanks

I'll try to remember! Will definitely post here.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

The best designed clash finder in the biz! 

And a decent looking day out...

Screenshot_20240425-182816.png

Solid day! Only big clash for me is Future Islands/Mystery Jets/Orla Gartland - OG absolutely wins but was hoping to see the other two!

10 minutes ago, WRhodes493 said:

Solid day! Only big clash for me is Future Islands/Mystery Jets/Orla Gartland - OG absolutely wins but was hoping to see the other two!

I'm calling it the other way. Never seen Future Islands, and probably be a while before I get another chance. Mystery Jets I've seen many times, so happy to skip them. Orla, not enough of a pull to top Future Islands for me, but that's probably my age more than anything!