Collecting a ticket/campervan at Willow Meadows

ITAdam

Hi all, hope I can get some wisdom from someone here who has encountered my scenario before!

We are staying off-site at Willow Meadows in a campervan (we have been given instructions on how to access and will access the festival via Gate D throughout the festival.)

The driver of the vehicle has her festival ticket as she lives in the UK. Sadly, as an International visitor, I do not have my ticket on me. I need to collect it at the festival ticket pickup spot by Gate A and the bus station.

What is going to be the least frustrating way of me collecting my ticket? Better to drive on to gate A and collect my ticket then go park up? Will we even be able to go to Gate A in a campervan or will they turn us away as we’re not supposed to be there? I assume once we park up in Willow Meadows there will be no easy or practical way for me to navigate from Gate D to Gate A without a ticket or wristband. 

Any help appreciated!!

Edited by ITAdam
Text in weird font color

16 minutes ago, ITAdam said:

Hi all, hope I can get some wisdom from someone here who has encountered my scenario before!

We are staying off-site at Willow Meadows in a campervan (we have been given instructions on how to access and will access the festival via Gate D throughout the festival.)

The driver of the vehicle has her festival ticket as she lives in the UK. Sadly, as an International visitor, I do not have my ticket on me. I need to collect it at the festival ticket pickup spot by Gate A and the bus station.

What is going to be the least frustrating way of me collecting my ticket? Better to drive on to gate A and collect my ticket then go park up? Will we even be able to go to Gate A in a campervan or will they turn us away as we’re not supposed to be there? I assume once we park up in Willow Meadows there will be no easy or practical way for me to navigate from Gate D to Gate A without a ticket or wristband. 

Any help appreciated!!

You will not be allowed to drive to gate A as no vehicles other than coaches and shuttle buses are permitted in this area. It is also not possible to stop your vehicle and park near A (within 2 miles plus), other than in the official car park [which costs £60].

You need to walk from Willow Meadows to the box office at Gate A, where you can pick up your ticket. You can then enter the festival at Gate A. When you leave to go back to Willow Meadows use Gate D. Re-enter and exit via D thereafter.

9 minutes ago, ITAdam said:

Thanks for this - I feared this might be the case. Is there even a walkway from that part of the site to Gate A? I’m drawing a blank!

A to D isn't that bad of a walk. I think you can cut through to orange car parks and walk that way. 

I've emailed Willow Meadows to ask for you as I presume you're travelling and may struggle to do so. I'll post here if I hear back in the next few hours. 

image.png.bd94383e32b3650738afe5cddfd0ec9d.png