Arrival advice!

rlandy95

Need some help planning! 

I'm arriving seperately from my group on the Wednesday morning (arriving around 5:30am) and will be catching a cab from my AirBnb thats near the festival site. Issue is, my group is arriving by car and going to Gate B whereas because I'm arriving by cab the map shows the taxi rank being by Gate A / Gate D, and the group has decided upon Big Ground as the camp site. 

Long shot, but has anyone had any experience whatsoever with arriving at Gate B by taxi? Already getting some severe PTSD about the thought of trekking from A/D to Big Ground with my gear so would really want to get dropped off at B if at all possible, also when considering how quickly Big Ground fills up on the Wednesday - any advice really appreciated!! 🥲

So as far as I am aware all Taxi drop offs are Gate a. 

But honestly I’ve done worse than Gate A to Big Ground before. It’s gonna be dry so you will be fine. 

Try 🙏 not to march it all in one hit. Plan a stop somewhere. Take on some fluids. Give it 10 minutes and go again. You will be fine. 

Good luck 👍 (you won’t need it) 

5 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

It's not a case of just dropping off outside the gate, all the roads will be closed off and there will be massive queues of people at that time.

That was my thought - last year we were directed to Gate D by the traffic wardens so figured that would be the case 

3 minutes ago, Franky said:

But honestly I’ve done worse than Gate A to Big Ground before. It’s gonna be dry so you will be fine. 

Ok, that installs me with some confidence! Last year the slog was horrendous for us from A just to Dairy Ground lol, but the heat was what made it awful. 

Alright I've got this 💪 Thanks!

Just now, rlandy95 said:

Ok, that installs me with some confidence! Last year the slog was horrendous for us from A just to Dairy Ground lol, but the heat was what made it awful. 

Alright I've got this 💪 Thanks!

Heat is better than mud. Trust me 😂

You will be fine honestly. Enjoy 

3 minutes ago, Franky said:

Try 🙏 not to march it all in one hit. Plan a stop somewhere. Take on some fluids. Give it 10 minutes and go again. You will be fine. 

Great advice.

A few of our group are doing A to Big Ground. It's totally doable if you take a break or two.

Tbf you also get dropped at Gate A. A lot of people have to hike their stuff from the car parks just to reach gate A. 

Just now, Glastoboy said:

Great advice.

A few of our group are doing A to Big Ground. It's totally doable if you take a break or two.

Tbf you also get dropped at Gate A. A lot of people have to hike their stuff from the car parks just to reach gate A. 

Good point. Well made. 

4 hours ago, Franky said:

this is a good plan, what I've done in the past, was I put most of my gear in the closest lock-up to Gate A then took my tent and bare essentials and then when all was set up went back for the rest of my gear at my leisure 

5 hours ago, Another eforum account said:

There’s a lock up just inside gate A - put half your stuff in there, just take tent & a few bits and come back for the other stuff once you’ve set up/later…

This advice!! Definitely going to be doing this - will make life so much easier. Thank you!

• Thanks 1