BBC Coverage 2023

gooner1990

3 minutes ago, Drinky said:

The mix on this Texas track is weird as hell, fading up the audience for the Yeahs then immediately down again?

Thought they could have shown a better one - ‘Say what you want’ had a lot more crowd interaction.

6 minutes ago, Serenefishy said:

They have already got rid of a lot of the sets 😔

Arctic Monkeys seem to have gone already which is a bit of a burn on them. I think I read somewhere that IPlayer can only store a certain amount of content at once for some reason.

Everything's still there as far as I know. Arctic Monkeys is here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0frqb9f/glastonbury-arctic-monkeys

5 minutes ago, Serenefishy said:

They have already got rid of a lot of the sets 😔

Arctic Monkeys seem to have gone already which is a bit of a burn on them. I think I read somewhere that IPlayer can only store a certain amount of content at once for some reason.

It's definitely still there, I've just checked. In fact it says it's available for 11 months, rather than the usual 28 days.

Haven't seen anything yet that's made me think, "damn I missed that".

When did Alex Turner forget that he's a lad from Sheffield and not a Vegas crooner? Oh yeah. The last time they headlined. Their first headline set was their best ('07? CBA to look it up. Shirley Bassey year).

On 6/26/2023 at 11:34 AM, ghostdancer1 said:

first few acts on all stages generally don't get recorded. Presumably due to staffing/shift hours. It's a long day if you need to be there at 11am to set up and get everything tested to record a broadcast mix, especially after finishing after midnight the previous night.

Waterboys fans held a petition a few years ago to get the Waterboys filmed, when they were on an early Pyramid slot. Lo and behold the BBC obliged. It was still up on YouTube the last time I checked.

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I made it to The Pretenders. One of the great singles bands. Certainly the most enduring to come out of that crowd that included The Pistols, Banshees, etc... from that era.

Listened to them from my camp in Paines! 

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Listened to them from my camp in Paines! 

At camp while there's acts happening?

I can't really talk. I semi dozed through Arctic Monkeys in my tent after only intending to quickly head back for something that I'd forgotten. And I've forgotten what that was now.

Quite enjoyed that rapper on Other. Who? Missed the strapline. Stryper?