Getting from Gate C - Box Office

cheesey_toastie

Someone asked a question on Twitter how to get their international tickets if they're parking for camping near Gate C. 

I think I've told them the correct thing to do - anyone know?

1) If there's a better suggestion (Guessing you can't pull up at the boxoffice - park temporarily etc)
2) If this route to walk is open?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/51.1546679,-2.5760215/51.1623618,-2.5961653/@51.1560939,-2.5755348,258m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-2.5897189!2d51.1646762!3s0x48722346eff71da9:0xa78c643b3726e6c1!1m0!3e2?entry=ttu

2 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Someone asked a question on Twitter how to get their international tickets if they're parking for camping near Gate C. 

I think I've told them the correct thing to do - anyone know?

1) If there's a better suggestion (Guessing you can't pull up at the boxoffice - park temporarily etc)
2) If this route to walk is open?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/51.1546679,-2.5760215/51.1623618,-2.5961653/@51.1560939,-2.5755348,258m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d-2.5897189!2d51.1646762!3s0x48722346eff71da9:0xa78c643b3726e6c1!1m0!3e2?entry=ttu

It is not possible to walk the routes in your link without having obtained an entry ticket and wristband as they go straight through the festival site which is enclosed by a the high fence.

As it is a very long walk from the east car parks around the perimeter roads to the international box office it is far far better to use the west parking, which is much closer to the box office, and enter at Gate A. West parking can also be a better option as it gives access to lots of camping areas, some of which fill less quickly. The camping areas accessed from B & C are very popular and fill very quickly.

34 minutes ago, Lycra said:

It is not possible to walk the routes in your link without having obtained an entry ticket and wristband as they go straight through the festival site which is enclosed by a the high fence.

As it is a very long walk from the east car parks around the perimeter roads to the international box office it is far far better to use the west parking, which is much closer to the box office, and enter at Gate A. West parking can also be a better option as it gives access to lots of camping areas, some of which fill less quickly. The camping areas accessed from B & C are very popular and fill very quickly.

Thanks for this. (It was me who posted the original question on Twitter). I appreciate the advice but I have booked offsite camping at Love Fields near Gate C. So as long as the long walk around roads outside the site is possible then that might be my best option since temporary parking at Gate A (to collect my ticket from the Box Office) doesn’t seem to be an option. 

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

My link failed - the route didn't show properly. 

I suggested this:  What I'm not 100% about is walking up Cockermill Lane.

1 hour ago, cheesey_toastie said:

My link failed - the route didn't show properly. 

I suggested this:  What I'm not 100% about is walking up Cockermill Lane.

Should be able to. You might be able to walk alongside the fence. This photo is taken halfway up Cockermill Lane

2760C6B9-D0D8-4378-A0A4-F13C85D2694A.jpeg

• Like 1

If I remember correctly last year the festival allowed some people to arrange for international tickets to be put on the gate where they planned to arrive. Wouldn’t hurt to email and ask if they’d put your tickets on gate C? 

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2023 at 1:58 PM, goose70 said:

Thanks for this. (It was me who posted the original question on Twitter). I appreciate the advice but I have booked offsite camping at Love Fields near Gate C. So as long as the long walk around roads outside the site is possible then that might be my best option since temporary parking at Gate A (to collect my ticket from the Box Office) doesn’t seem to be an option. 

hi there, we did this last year (International ticket collection at the box office and Love Fields). I hopped out of the car at the Bath and West Showground and my husband went on to check in at Love Fields. There is a shuttle bus service from there to Gate A and I picked up both our tickets and went into the festival and walked through to Gate C and up meet him. Bonus is it's a double decker bus and your first views over the site are just gorgeous.

On 6/1/2023 at 11:31 AM, YIP said:

hi there, we did this last year (International ticket collection at the box office and Love Fields). I hopped out of the car at the Bath and West Showground and my husband went on to check in at Love Fields. There is a shuttle bus service from there to Gate A and I picked up both our tickets and went into the festival and walked through to Gate C and up meet him. Bonus is it's a double decker bus and your first views over the site are just gorgeous.

That is a great workaround, and i bet the walk through the site with no tent etc weighing you down was lovely! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 12:31 PM, YIP said:

@YIPDid you have any issues collecting tickets for the both of you?

Edited by goose70