Glasto-friends&family tickets for performers

ClaireMD

I’m waiting to hear if I can get a discounted  ‘friends&family’ ticket through my friend who’s performing at glasto this year… we’ve just been told there will be a link sent to my friend/the artist to pass on to us fairly ‘last minute’.  Does anyone have any experience going to glasto on this type of ticket? If so how ‘last minute’ was last minute? How discounted was it? And aside from entry what was the offer re: access to campsites/car parking etc. Any insight gratefully received.  The not knowing is killing us 🙂

13 hours ago, ClaireMD said:

I’m waiting to hear if I can get a discounted  ‘friends&family’ ticket through my friend who’s performing at glasto this year… we’ve just been told there will be a link sent to my friend/the artist to pass on to us fairly ‘last minute’.  Does anyone have any experience going to glasto on this type of ticket? If so how ‘last minute’ was last minute? How discounted was it? And aside from entry what was the offer re: access to campsites/car parking etc. Any insight gratefully received.  The not knowing is killing us 🙂

Having seen a friends band fail to get an entry for their roadie and read of many similar instances where bands cannot get additional tickets other than for themselves I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. Such tickets appear very hard to obtain. 

18 hours ago, Skip997 said:

We're yet to receive the usual friends and family tickets email.

There have been suggestions that it's not happening this year.

How has it worked in the past? E.g how much is discounted? Are there any camping options left other than general camping? How last minute do you usually get the email?  Thanks 🙏 

11 hours ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

year.

Hi.  Does that mean you’ve got yours already? Can you share any details if you have please? E.g how much cheaper are they? Do they come with any access to any of the more comfortable camping options or parking in the motorhomes field for example? Thanks 🙏 

47 minutes ago, ClaireMD said:

How has it worked in the past? E.g how much is discounted? Are there any camping options left other than general camping? How last minute do you usually get the email?  Thanks 🙏 

I've never actually taken up the offer, but to the best of my memory it's face value, and you have to be registered. 

Re camping, as it's for "friends and family" I presume they can camp in the crew camping.

Again to the best of memory we've already had the email by now.

5 hours ago, ClaireMD said:

Hi.  Does that mean you’ve got yours already? Can you share any details if you have please? E.g how much cheaper are they? Do they come with any access to any of the more comfortable camping options or parking in the motorhomes field for example? Thanks 🙏 

Whilst my name was in I didn’t need to use the f&f this year however a couple of people close to me did and I didn’t the payment for them that was pre the resale . They arent reduced price though and it’s just a general admission ticket 

10 hours ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

Whilst my name was in I didn’t need to use the f&f this year however a couple of people close to me did and I didn’t the payment for them that was pre the resale . They arent reduced price though and it’s just a general admission ticket 

I have had a few friends in previous years get tickets this way, also at general admission ticket cost.

Read elsewhere that performers/artists request friends and family tickets through the area agent but like everything Glasto the number of requests greatly outnumber availability. Tickets are not discounted and camping is in the performers camp with the artist. Suggestion is some last minute friends and family tickets are made available with the returns which were previously sold in the secret resale.