Second tranche of ticket sales

Nick_

When I tried to buy a ticket in the first tranche a few months ago, I wasn't allowed into the online "shop" because I didn't have an account yet.  I tired to get an account, but the links just went round in circles.

The advice then was to come back for the second tranche of ticket sales in late April/May.  I am now doing that, but again I can't seem to create an account.  

Anyone able to offer any guidance?

Edited by Nick_

33 minutes ago, Nick_ said:

When I tried to buy a ticket in the first tranche a few months ago, I wasn't allowed into the online "shop" because I didn't have an account yet.  I tired to get an account, but the links just went round in circles.

The advice then was to come back for the second tranche of ticket sales in late April/May.  I am now doing that, but again I can't seem to create an account.  

You missed it all and tickets all are sold out. If you want tickets in the future read the info on the official Glasto website concerning the ticket buying process.

37 minutes ago, Nick_ said:

You need to register, registration is currently closed and will reopen shortly. Keep checking https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/ 😃

Thanks, both.  Unfortunately, I find the wording on that page completely opaque.  I don't know if it's that I am just too thick to be allowed to buy a ticket, or that they only want people who have been before.

I get that the first tranche has sold out, and that this week they have reselling returns from that tranche.  When is the second tranche of tickets put on sale, and how do I "register" for that?  I'm about to go on holiday for a couple of weeks and don't want to been scamper around to find an Internet café as I change trains in France and Italy!

Edited by Nick_

They went on sale 9am this morning and there are no more tickets available for 2023. The tickets for 2024 will go on sale oct/Nov. In a week or 2, you should be able to register. You will need to upload a photo. Just check back on the glastonbury site in a couple of weeks and it should be clearer

48 minutes ago, Nick_ said:

Thanks, both.  Unfortunately, I find the wording on that page completely opaque.  I don't know if it's that I am just too thick to be allowed to buy a ticket, or that they only want people who have been before.

I get that the first tranche has sold out, and that this week they have reselling returns from that tranche.  When is the second tranche of tickets put on sale, and how do I "register" for that?  I'm about to go on holiday for a couple of weeks and don't want to been scamper around to find an Internet café as I change trains in France and Italy!

All tickets for Glastonbury 2023 have been sold. If Glastonbury Festival is held in 2024 tickets for that event will probably go on sale in the first week of October 2023. This is what you're calling the first tranche.   In order to participate in the ticket buying process you first need to register as advised above. Only persons registered can buy a ticket and every person you buy for will also need to be registered. The registration process involves providing a passport style photograph.

Any ticket returned from the October 2023 sale will be resold in 2024 (usually April). Your termed second tranche.

Finally, sales last minutes before the event is sold out.

Edited by Lycra

Oh!  So there is no second tranche as I understood it - just one tranche and the resale of those.  The received wisdom I got a few months ago is wrong 🙁.  So, there is just one opportunity to register each year, ahead of the "main sale" in October, and then it closes until after the "resale" in April?

What about the camper van tickets that I see are being "resold". In the next couple if weeks?  I see those are only available to people who already have tickets, so is the process there to find a friend who is going and ask them to buy you a camper van ticket?  It is very much a camper van ticket I want - my body is much too old and with too many ailments to be using a tent with shared toilets!

Correct on one tranche and then only resale of those tickets. The campervan sales are not campervan space plus a ticket, it is literally just a buying a space for your camper van. There is absolutely no way of getting yourself a glstonbury ticket for this year. Unless a glamping site offers you one for about 6grand! You will be able to register whenever you like in the months ahead. They close registration I think about a week before October sale and a week before the April one again.

46 minutes ago, Nick_ said:

Oh!  So there is no second tranche as I understood it - just one tranche and the resale of those.  The received wisdom I got a few months ago is wrong 🙁.  So, there is just one opportunity to register each year, ahead of the "main sale" in October, and then it closes until after the "resale" in April?

What about the camper van tickets that I see are being "resold". In the next couple if weeks?  I see those are only available to people who already have tickets, so is the process there to find a friend who is going and ask them to buy you a camper van ticket?  It is very much a camper van ticket I want - my body is much too old and with too many ailments to be using a tent with shared toilets!

You can't get into Glastonbury without an admission ticket. Even if a friend took you in their campervan you'd just be left sitting in the campervan park outside the perimeter of the festival.

Concerned though about whether Glastonbury is for you with all your "ailments". Glasto is huge. Expect to walk up to 10 miles a day. And you will be queuing lots and lots for shared toilets in basic sanitary conditions, e.g. a bench with a hole into a communal cesspit

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

You can't get into Glastonbury without an admission ticket. Even if a friend took you in their campervan you'd just be left sitting in the campervan park outside the perimeter of the festival.

Concerned though about whether Glastonbury is for you with all your "ailments". Glasto is huge. Expect to walk up to 10 miles a day. And you will be queuing lots and lots for shared toilets in basic sanitary conditions, e.g. a bench with a hole into a communal cesspit

Yeah, I hadn't realised that "camper van tickets" just meant a ticket for your camper van to sit in the field, not a ticket for you to go to the festival!  The accommodation things worries me, as it seems backward - you have to get the festival ticket before you can find out if you can get accommodation.  I would much prefer to book them as a single transaction (supposing I am ever allowed to).

Oh, my ailments aren't debilitating, just inconvenient.  I don't identify as disabled (although I assume Glastonbury dies cater for those who do).  I have no problem walking 10 miles in a day, although I may need to deploy my folding walking stick for some if it.  I'll not be staying in a tent or using shared toilets, though!

3 minutes ago, Nick_ said:

Hence the camper van interest.

The walk alone from your campervan to the gate to get in is 1/2 - 1 mile and then you can queue  up to an hour to actually get in

Edited by Lycra

On 4/23/2023 at 4:41 PM, incident said:

Your Campervan is likely to be over an hours walk away at any given moment.

I don't necessarily see that as a problem.  It's not like I need my own private toilet following me around all day.