Test Run ⛺️

Bike_Like_A_Mum

• 3 weeks later...

Our usual configuration.  Tried and tested for many years.  The bell tent usually ends up as a refuge for solo mates who need help with this sort of stuff 🙂

Full test run at Bearded Theory in a few weeks although i am anticipating bedding my new pipe in more than the camping set up

p8120529_36218312260_o.jpg

Edited by Jay Pee
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Our usual configuration.  Tried and tested for many years.  The bell tent usually ends up as a refuge for solo mates who need help with this sort of stuff 🙂

Full test run at Bearded Theory in a few weeks although i am anticipating bedding my new pipe in more than the camping set up

p8120529_36218312260_o.jpg

Love this set up!! Roll on festival season!

On 4/11/2023 at 10:25 AM, Crazyfool01 said:

I will do my traditional waterproofing of the tent in a few weeks at the park or parents … my garden just not quite big enough . I do this every year even if the previous year has been dry to appease the weather gods 

what do you use? thinking I should do this!

1 minute ago, svphie said:

what do you use? thinking I should do this!

Just a spray from a camping shop although they do them on Amazon …. Concentrate on the seems to start that’s where most leakage will happen … but there’s enough in them to do the whole tent 

• Upvote 1

Taking the thread title literally, I'm planning on doing a test run of the walk from the Ped gate to our desired camping spot at the weekend.

Using the glastonbury map overlay thingy (  https://gsp8181.co.uk/glasto/ ), I worked out if I walk from my house to the local park, it'll be pretty much the same distance from Ped gate D to Pennard Hill so am going to fill my rucksack up and go for an uncomfortable jaunt that I'll probably immediately regret.

Should be fun

18 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Taking the thread title literally, I'm planning on doing a test run of the walk from the Ped gate to our desired camping spot at the weekend.

Using the glastonbury map overlay thingy (  https://gsp8181.co.uk/glasto/ ), I worked out if I walk from my house to the local park, it'll be pretty much the same distance from Ped gate D to Pennard Hill so am going to fill my rucksack up and go for an uncomfortable jaunt that I'll probably immediately regret.

Should be fun

you need to put stones in your shoes, ensure there are thousands of people around you, obstacles to negotiate including broken trolleys and drunks and you should be set!

Oh yes stay off pavements, ideally tramp through the gardens

Hope it goes well

• Upvote 1