Disabled car parking

guypjfreak

They have moved the disabled camping imo farther away from the action.. Usually you can go out the gate and the PS was just or nearly just there.. Not so anymore 

Now you will have to pay £60 to park your car in the disabled car park.. Yellow gate.. That's even if your car is tax exempt with blue badge.. 

Let's hope they put in more shuttles and shuttle stops.. 

16 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

They have moved the disabled camping imo farther away from the action.. Usually you can go out the gate and the PS was just or nearly just there.. Not so anymore 

Now you will have to pay £60 to park your car in the disabled car park.. Yellow gate.. That's even if your car is tax exempt with blue badge.. 

Let's hope they put in more shuttles and shuttle stops.. 

Wicket Ground accommodates more people and last year many were turned away so I see this as a positive move. It's also nearer to Yellow Gate and the Accessible car park hopefully allowing the shuttle to and from the campsite to turn around faster as the queues were bad even on Thursday afternoon last year. I worked in the Accessible Arrivals marquee and it was up to a 3 hour wait. 

I remain positive that this will be a good move as the decision won't have been taken without a lot of consideration. 😀

• Thanks 1

Agree on the wait for the shuttle bus.. But I have to disagree with the festival asking for £60 parking.... 

I was told by the wife today that the camp site will be in 2 parts.. Campers etc and tents.. 

I suppose you get so use to things that when they change its like ahhh what.. I'm like that anyways.. Abit old fashioned.. 

39 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Agree on the wait for the shuttle bus.. But I have to disagree with the festival asking for £60 parking.... 

I was told by the wife today that the camp site will be in 2 parts.. Campers etc and tents.. 

I suppose you get so use to things that when they change its like ahhh what.. I'm like that anyways.. Abit old fashioned.. 

Campers and tents were in separate areas in Spring Ground so I am pretty sure Wicket Ground will be arranged in a similar way. 

Parking was charged the first time I used the Accessible facilities back in 2011. It was as it is now the same price as parking in any of the car parks. Can't recall when or why it became free. It will be great Old Son, it's Glastonbury! 

Screenshot_20230323-224712~2.png

• Thanks 1