Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

1 hour ago, Afterlife said:

Am I the only one camping? Everyone here seems to be staying in hotels or apartments. Is camping a bad idea?

I just booked my flights this evening. 

I didn’t even know there was camping , and then checked my tickets and seen I bought a camping ticket 😂. I have put no effort into this. I was focused on Primavera and Madcool (which was a disaster of a festival). 

I basically just want to see Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Foals and M83.

i would have paid full price just to see the strokes. I’m 38 now and they were huge “in my day”.

Probably hotel or Airbnb for me but just need to figure out where to stay and how to get there. 

Leaning towards Fuengirola based on comments in here.

Edited by Drums Please Fab

16 hours ago, Afterlife said:

Am I the only one camping? Everyone here seems to be staying in hotels or apartments. Is camping a bad idea?

I camped last year an it was ok, they had some kind of huge canopy to protect the tents from the sun, bit it only covered half of the area, so come early. Also it's pretty far away from the festival area and there's nothing around, but they had free shuttles which mostly worked ok. If we don't count the Arctic Monkeys day, that queue was a nightmare.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

anyone how much a taxi is from Fuengirola to the festival?

These shuttles people keep mentioning....were are they from/to? and how does one book them?

Don't know how much the taxis cost. Uber fare estimate tells me about 15€. I'm in a group of 4, so even if the price quadruples due to demand/late hour/the fact there's a festival we won't be too bothered. 

We'll probably use the regular public transport to get there, local buses all along Costa del Sol are generally frequent, reliable and cheap. This is the timetable of the M-220 line that gets you from Fuengirola to Cala de Mijas in 15 minutes. Just realized there's a 1:40 and 2:40 departure, so that's an option to get home as well.

As for the shuttles, there's a number of different ones, what you're looking for is in the "organized trips" section of the festival website under "daily trips". Seems like you have to book them in advance though, you can do so here. They depart to Fuengirola each hour from 01:00 to 06:00 and cost 4€.

• Like 1