We’re staying in CV but my passenger has to collect from box office

Twiggy553

27 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Any idea how this would work logistically?

Will he even be allowed in the CV field before he gets his ticket? And if they do, how does he then get to the box office?

Assuming you mean East CV fields and not B&W Showground

This is very difficult. Even if you get past the CV field stewards without a ticket check, there is no easy way to get from the East side to Gate A for the box office. I don't think you are allowed to walk around the outside on the security road. 

Maybe someone else with experience of this will come along and answer, but my best suggestion would be to drop them off at the Drop & Collect point (B&W Showground) first and then head to the East CV fields. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, al_coholic said:

my best suggestion would be to drop them off at the Drop & Collect point (B&W Showground) first and then head to the East CV fields. 

Yes I think that’s almost certainly the answer. He can get the shuttle to gate-A from there. Thanks 🙂

On 6/11/2022 at 2:34 PM, Twiggy553 said:

Will he even be allowed in the CV field before he gets his ticket? And if they do, how does he then get to the box office?

I believe See can arrange for you to him to collect the ticket from the office in CV East, rather than Gate A. Email them and request it. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, al_coholic said:

Assuming you mean East CV fields and not B&W Showground

This is very difficult. Even if you get past the CV field stewards without a ticket check, there is no easy way to get from the East side to Gate A for the box office. I don't think you are allowed to walk around the outside on the security road. 

Maybe someone else with experience of this will come along and answer, but my best suggestion would be to drop them off at the Drop & Collect point (B&W Showground) first and then head to the East CV fields. 

I'd drop him as close to the box office as possible and then head to East CV. We parked up in East CV but were denied entry to  get to the box office, we had to walk miles round the roads surrounding the festival with 3 kids, it took a long time.

On 6/11/2022 at 2:34 PM, Twiggy553 said:

No ticket checks as far as I can remember to get into the CV fields from outside the festival, apart from the driver for their CV ticket and maybe their festival ticket. Even if your passenger is asked for his ticket, just explain the situation and show relevant emails and i'm sure it'll be fine. 

On 6/14/2022 at 11:40 AM, Johnnyseven said:

No ticket checks as far as I can remember to get into the CV fields from outside the festival, apart from the driver for their CV ticket and maybe their festival ticket. Even if your passenger is asked for his ticket, just explain the situation and show relevant emails and i'm sure it'll be fine. 

They have always counted the number of adults and matching number of festival tickets in the campervan fields in my experience on driving in, including very occasionally checking in the toilet / shower for stowaways. Never actually given them the festival tickets until the gate proper obviously, but the entry to the campervan fields has always needed to wave a festival ticket.