Disability, re: neurological and mental health needs

WhoamI?

Ear defenders may be worth considering, obviously not at a gig, when you want to hear, but mine are the only way I can get across the site sometimes.  I put a pair on to participate in a Deaf Zone event once, the noise around us was causing me so much trouble I could not focus on a sign language lesson from a person who does not speak.     

The welfare tents give away the tiny foam type of ear protectors, but my proper pair are far better than that.  

Just so I can escape the full on noise if I need to I've bought myself some ear defenders. Seemed a bit of a no brainer to be able to shut the noise out if I need to. 

I have MS and after having had hyperacusis certain noises can really affect me. I'm feeling increasingly anxious and apprehensive about Glasto, not only about Covid but also about testing how sensitive to sound I will be now. I'm taking a box of this wax earplugs that saved my sanity and I totally recommend them to anyone who may need to "tone it all down a bit". They would work even to see gigs or walk through the farm since one can mould them to block all sound or not and it's a tiny box, easier to carry everywhere. 

41ba6YIy4dL._AC_SY1000_.jpg.6960f79206cfcf2dd5944387b32f6838.jpg

This is my third (or fourth? I don't remember) Glasto and the first one I'm not really excited about, these days are more about what I'll be able to cope with, plan and anticipate problems/solutions, spend a fortune on buying smaller and lighter camping equipment I could carry myself and questioning whether this is a good idea. Anyway ... back to checking the weather thread.

Edited by Gabi_says

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 12:17 PM, Neil said:

Just so I can escape the full on noise if I need to I've bought myself some ear defenders. Seemed a bit of a no brainer to be able to shut the noise out if I need to. 

didn't use the ear defenders I bought. i coped with the sensory overload OK, i'm pleased to say.