Legend of legends

alframsey

Ray Davies for me.  Perfect songs to be lounging around on the grass on a blazing hot day to.  It felt like 2/3 of the festival was off watching the football so it was also pleasantly spacious and relaxing (compared to the massive crowds of recent years).

Wish I'd seen Cash though.

2 hours ago, Watergirl said:

I know. He was a legend before, and it was a great gig (it's on YouTube I believe), but he became an even bigger legend towards the very end of his career - in my opinion.

I still disagree. He became a legend through songs like 'Walk the line', 'Ring of fire', 'Man in black', 'Boy named Sue', 'Thing called love', 'Jackson', etc - not through cover versions of songs by NIN, U2 & Depeche Mode. Those songs made a younger generation aware of him but he was still the biggest 'legend' even before Rick Rubin got involved.

In fact I'd argue that, with the possible exceptions of Macca, Stevie Wonder, The Stones and Bowie - he's the biggest legend that's ever played Glastonbury!

Edited by Punksnotdead
  • Upvote 1