Leaving the festival on Sunday

Jacobanthony

Hello everyone, this question has been asked before I am sure but I cannot find a thread, so here it is again. A friend of mine has to leave earlier on Sunday, and coaches from the festivalground only start driving from 16:00. He needs to go to London to catch a train. Anyone know if there are other ways to leave the festivalground on Sunday (I realise this is blasphemous but unfortunately he cannot stay longer). 

I very sadly had to do this on the Sunday morning of 2016 and the shuttle bus to Castle Cray then train is completely painless - that's the answer.

Oddly we had a couple of the organisers of one of the big SE Corner areas on our train back to London - would've thought they would be at the farm! 

As others have said the Castle Cary shuttle bus is a good option if catching the train back home. I've not used it but understand there is also a Sunday shuttle to Bristol Temple Meads and times that runs should be available nearer to the start of the festival. 

Another option is the town shuttle buses which go hourly through the day from the coach station to Glastonbury Town, Wells and Shepton Mallet and from there you can get scheduled bus services to Bristol and Bath, or book a taxi. Should be no problem securing one on Sunday afternoon, but taxi's are hard to get hold of Sunday night and Monday morning

All of the coaches leave at the coach park by Gate A, which is behind the John Peel stage and a decent trek from the centre of the festival site or the outlying camping sites, so leave plenty of time to get there. One option might be to pack up the camping kit early Sunday and leave it at the Lock Ups near Gate A so you can enjoy the time on Sunday not lugging kit round the site.

Its bad enough leaving the site around midnight Sunday with the lights and sounds of the festival still going, must be very odd leaving mid afternoon