Bath and West camper site

bonosbaby25

I'd also be very grateful for advice. Been more times than I can count but first time in a camper.

Some of my party and travelling down in the camper van, but are taking a tent and planning to stay in Dairy Ground.

Could they travel down with us, stay in the camper van with us on Tuesday night in West site, then enter the site with their tent via the camper site entrance? 

11 minutes ago, mattlhull said:

I'd also be very grateful for advice. Been more times than I can count but first time in a camper.

Some of my party and travelling down in the camper van, but are taking a tent and planning to stay in Dairy Ground.

Could they travel down with us, stay in the camper van with us on Tuesday night in West site, then enter the site with their tent via the camper site entrance? 

There is no longer campervan west … it’s campervan east or bath and west … if you have campervan east they can do exactly as you say but be warned the queues can get quite long early in the morning before gates open … don’t think dairy will fill too fast though so shouldn’t be a problem finding space 

4 minutes ago, mattlhull said:

Bath and West - that's it! Perfect, thanks. That's put our mind at ease.

I dunno if the shuttle bus will be running to the main site from bath and west on weds morning. Might be a hitch or a very long walk… 

Edit: actually it must be, as how else would B&W people get their wrist bands, ignore me. 

Edited by whitehorses

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 9:18 PM, mattlhull said:

Unless I'm getting confused with Campervans West. Either way I'm sure it will all work out.

yeah, Bath and west is off site, been told it's about 15-20mins bus ride.

I was hoping to find out if we are ok with our awning and what kinda vibe it'll be there. 

1 minute ago, bonosbaby25 said:

yeah, Bath and west is off site, been told it's about 15-20mins bus ride.

I was hoping to find out if we are ok with our awning and what kinda vibe it'll be there. 

I’ve been there a couple of times and no issues with a tent next to my van so you should be fine with an awning.

It’s quiet there, with lots of space. Obviously some peoples cup of tea but not others…

I’d say the bus is more like 10 mins though. But be prepared to do a lot of walking up to Gate A!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 9:21 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I think you are bath and west is at least 3km from site 

4DA1005F-FAED-461D-9192-F8E2BBEE8BBF.png

you are confused there is no campervans west that only happened for one year and wasn't at bath & west showground it was on the west side of the festival site.

9 hours ago, Neil said:

you are confused there is no campervans west that only happened for one year and wasn't at bath & west showground it was on the west side of the festival site.

West campervans ran for quite a few years... but is it not there this year?

i only got my ticket + and east in the resale. i was kinda hoping to snag / swap for a West... but if there aint no West! 😞

1 hour ago, Bonedaddy said:

West campervans ran for quite a few years... but is it not there this year?

i only got my ticket + and east in the resale. i was kinda hoping to snag / swap for a West... but if there aint no West! 😞

West has changed to the pre-erected camping site Sticklinch.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-booking-info/

On 4/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, t0paz said:

I’ve been there a couple of times and no issues with a tent next to my van so you should be fine with an awning.

It’s quiet there, with lots of space. Obviously some peoples cup of tea but not others…

I’d say the bus is more like 10 mins though. But be prepared to do a lot of walking up to Gate A!

Thanks for replying, that's fab.. I'm ready for a different festival this year.. quiet with lots of space sounds brill, not sure about the walking though lol I need to get Glasto-fit after a year of chemo, surgery and radiotherapy.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, bonosbaby25 said:

Hi Guys, 

could any of you kind people who have stayed at the Bath and West site give me a bit of insight, please?

It's the first time in a camper, so if there's any tip etc I would be grateful.

cheers 

Dawn 

On 3/8/2022 at 8:32 PM, mattlhull said:

Great site - plenty of room. Pitch size is 8mx5m so plenty of room to pitch a tent next to campervan or have awning etc.

Van selling food pitched there the whole time. Didn’t use ourselves in 2019 as we cooked our own breakfasts but was reasonable priced and food looked good.

Toilet and shower block right next to where you catch the bus to the festival so very handy.

Shower blocks mega busy from Thursday so we showered when we got back at night - bit of effort but worth it in the morning when you go to clean your teeth etc. and see the queues!

Buses run 24hrs from Wednesday morning - not sure how early they started - if I remember we left about 10am - got dropped at Gate A and smallish queue to get in - which was pretty much the same every day.  Only baller is where you end your night as you have to go back to Gate A to get back every night.

Bus takes about 10 mins and I don’t remember queuing for one for more than 5/10 mins.

Hope this helps 😊

38 minutes ago, Mrs Dubs said:

Great site - plenty of room. Pitch size is 8mx5m so plenty of room to pitch a tent next to campervan or have awning etc.

Van selling food pitched there the whole time. Didn’t use ourselves in 2019 as we cooked our own breakfasts but was reasonable priced and food looked good.

Toilet and shower block right next to where you catch the bus to the festival so very handy.

Shower blocks mega busy from Thursday so we showered when we got back at night - bit of effort but worth it in the morning when you go to clean your teeth etc. and see the queues!

Buses run 24hrs from Wednesday morning - not sure how early they started - if I remember we left about 10am - got dropped at Gate A and smallish queue to get in - which was pretty much the same every day.  Only baller is where you end your night as you have to go back to Gate A to get back every night.

Bus takes about 10 mins and I don’t remember queuing for one for more than 5/10 mins.

Hope this helps 😊

That's great, thank you. I feel happier about things now 🙂 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bonosbaby25 said:

Thanks for replying, that's fab.. I'm ready for a different festival this year.. quiet with lots of space sounds brill, not sure about the walking though lol I need to get Glasto-fit after a year of chemo, surgery and radiotherapy.

Sounds like you've had some challenging times and very much deserve a great festival 🙂 

• Upvote 1

Staying in Bath and West for first time having been in East campervan field for last 5 festivals. Any idea how easy it will be to get a taxi from the campsite to the Appletree Inn on the Tuesday evening. Planning on meeting a friend there but not sure on the taxi situation during the festival week?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 8:47 PM, crazyfool1 said:

There is no longer campervan west … it’s campervan east or bath and west … if you have campervan east they can do exactly as you say but be warned the queues can get quite long early in the morning before gates open … don’t think dairy will fill too fast though so shouldn’t be a problem finding space 

Bit gutted by this... i so preferred West to East... mostly because it meant the pedestrian gate was the 'right' side of the festival for me.  Aside from Ashcombe Park (which is now full) are there any private alternatives that anyone knows of?

East has always been daunting especially with how far you can end up being parked away from gate c... feels so random

1 hour ago, Bonedaddy said:

Bit gutted by this... i so preferred West to East... mostly because it meant the pedestrian gate was the 'right' side of the festival for me.  Aside from Ashcombe Park (which is now full) are there any private alternatives that anyone knows of?

East has always been daunting especially with how far you can end up being parked away from gate c... feels so random

Here are the ones I know of, good luck! 👍

https://piltonhillcamping.com/

https://www.thelovefields.com/compare-accomodation

https://www.willowmeadows.co.uk/

https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/somerset/glastonbury/ashcombefarm/

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1