Cider Bus Cider - Now Available Online

Dukeicon

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't think I'm going to go back to Hecks. Like Lilley's cider, I loved it at first, but by the end, I found the taste of sweeteners so repellent.

Thatcher's may have been boring, but I didn't end the box hating it.

The only one I thought I could taste sweetener in was the Farmhouse, the others seemed fine. I've got some Seacider Medium on the go now and it's way sweeter than i'm used to, it tastes just like apple juice though - so much so that I thought they'd sent me 10 litres of it by mistake!

Edited by Johnnyseven

17 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

The only one I thought I could taste sweetener in was the Farmhouse, the others seemed fine. I've got some Seacider Medium on the go now and it's way sweeter than i'm used to, it tastes just like apple juice though - so much so that I thought they'd sent me 10 litres of it by mistake!

Ugh, that's the only one I've not opened. You couldn't taste the sweeteners in the medium Kingston?

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ugh, that's the only one I've not opened. You couldn't taste the sweeteners in the medium Kingston?

Nope, but they could have been from different batches. 

I thought that as they have single variety ciders in sweet, medium and dry they had chosen those particular apples because they naturally produce a sweet, medium or dry cider so there would be no need for sweeteners. This is an assumption based on no facts whatsoever though so could very likely be wrong.  

26 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Nope, but they could have been from different batches. 

I thought that as they have single variety ciders in sweet, medium and dry they had chosen those particular apples because they naturally produce a sweet, medium or dry cider so there would be no need for sweeteners. This is an assumption based on no facts whatsoever though so could very likely be wrong.  

They should, but don't.  Which is why there are sweeteners in the Kingston Black - it's a notoriously dry apple.  It's a shame, because the underlying cider is actually pretty good :(

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

They should, but don't.  Which is why there are sweeteners in the Kingston Black - it's a notoriously dry apple.  It's a shame, because the underlying cider is actually pretty good :(

Out of interest, what are your favourite ciders? I'll make a list of ones to try.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Out of interest, what are your favourite ciders? I'll make a list of ones to try.

Burrow Hill is pretty good, obviously.  As for bottled, this is probably my favourite:

https://www.gwyntcidershop.com/bottled/gold-medal-cider#:~:text=%3A%3A Refreshingly Welsh!-,Gold,Medium Dry%2C 7.0 abv.&text=Our first commercially produced cider,this cider is an understatement.

Sheppy's are pretty good too.

I'll have a think and get back to you on more.

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Burrow Hill is pretty good, obviously.  As for bottled, this is probably my favourite:

https://www.gwyntcidershop.com/bottled/gold-medal-cider#:~:text=%3A%3A Refreshingly Welsh!-,Gold,Medium Dry%2C 7.0 abv.&text=Our first commercially produced cider,this cider is an understatement.

Sheppy's are pretty good too.

I'll have a think and get back to you on more.

Nice one, thanks. I've had Sheppy's before and it was good. I'll give the Welsh Gold a try if I can find it.