Pinkpop 2020

Ken19

14 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

It's also a question of Dutch promoters not wanting to take their chances on certain bigger artists. Taylor Swift could have easily been booked for Pinkpop, but Mojo clearly wasn't comfortable with their risk analysis. Same thing for an act like Blur years ago, since they ended up never playing in the NL upon their reunion.

What is the risk in booking such artists like Swift???? That she will not sell enough tickets?????

There is massive risk with Tay Swift, she is the biggest artist in the US in the last 15 years, but in Europe she is nowhere close. She can do big numbers in UK, but in Continental Europe she is still only an Arena level act, nothing close to stadiums.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:56 PM, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

It's also a question of Dutch promoters not wanting to take their chances on certain bigger artists. Taylor Swift could have easily been booked for Pinkpop, but Mojo clearly wasn't comfortable with their risk analysis. Same thing for an act like Blur years ago, since they ended up never playing in the NL upon their reunion.

Lol this sounds a bit stupid seeing how they did book Post Malone. That's a much bigger risk than Taylor Swift.

Dee Snider from Twisted Sister in twitter.

He died. RIP Malcolm Young. But all four surviving members have reunited WITH tracks recorded by Malcolm while he was still alive. Malcolm's nephew Stevie Young is replacing him (he's done this a couple of times before). It's as close as you can get to the original band.

This was posted on festileaks yesterday. Could AC/DC be in the race for the last headliner spot?

This is like at least one year old news, they (including Phil Rudd) were spotted at a studio MONTHS ago, talk of a tour has been going on for months as well. Not sure why Dee suddenly thinks he has a scoop (and festileaks is gullible enough to suck it in and incorrectly label it as the 'original lineup for AC/DC :D )

19 hours ago, Altercreed said:

Post malone isn't as expensive as Taylor ;) by far !

Yeah, but Pinkpop is like the most traditional festival in NL, with a tough audience when it comes to pop/rap acts. I could see Taylor Swift working the same way something like Robbie Williams worked. Post Malone is never going to work on Pinkpop.

On 12/10/2019 at 3:16 AM, LovelessNL said:

Yeah, but Pinkpop is like the most traditional festival in NL, with a tough audience when it comes to pop/rap acts. I could see Taylor Swift working the same way something like Robbie Williams worked. Post Malone is never going to work on Pinkpop.

Robbie Williams is of a massive level in The Netherlands, and had enough charting hits to convince people. I've seen both Swift and Posty live (wasn't a fan of either), and would argue that they each have an equal chance of working/not working at Pinkpop, both in terms of ticket sales and audience reception (notwithstanding that the oldheads are gonna despise it anyway).

That said, one of them is financially riskier than the other, so it's easy to see why Mojo decided not to take their chances on T-Snek.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

8 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Robbie Williams is of a massive level in The Netherlands, and had enough charting hits to convince people. I've seen both Swift and Posty live (wasn't a fan of either), and would argue that they each have an equal chance of working/not working at Pinkpop, both in terms of ticket sales and audience reception (notwithstanding that the oldheads are gonna despise it anyway).

That said, one of them is financially riskier than the other, so it's easy to see why Mojo decided not to take their chances on T-Snek.

Well I think we are kinda underestimating the audience of Pinkpop here, it's for a large part the oldheads who create/destroy the vibe there, there's a lot people (even families) that have been going there for 20 years+. I'm not saying they would be happy with Taylor, but I definitely not see them being happy with Post Malone. I think the popularity of Taylor Swift in Europe is greatly underestimated. She hasn't done much touring here, or hasnt done multiple Ziggo Dome dates for example, still doesnt have to mean the demand isnt there.

12 hours ago, MK1 said:

Friday could be the day so they say on festileaks.....

Yup, Friday is the new plan, but its GnR so you'll never know. Stuttgart, Firenze, London (new Tottenham stadium).

Well if GNR announces a bunch of festivals and Pinkpop announces another underwhelming headliner on the same day, it's gonna be a shitstorm probably. The last headliner is more or less break it or make it in terms of the overall view of the line-up thus far. They have a decent midcard, but the headliners arent that exciting thus far. Not saying GNR is gonna be exciting with their 3rd summer visit to Europe in 4 years, but its definitely a band the 'oldheads' can appreciate, and if they slim down the set a bit they can easily play hits only for 2 hours.

6 minutes ago, MK1 said:

Someone on festileaks is saying that Pinkpop is also coming with news tomorrow. So it has to be GnR. I do not expect GnR dropping a tour and Pinkpop coming with a totaly different headliner on the same day.....

That's also what I said. 
This is a Pinkpop forum, not a GnR forum.