Transport question

Gary1974

Hi folks,

looking for some transport advice about how to get to and from festival each day. Not staying on site - place in Ditcheat - I know I can use free bus service from castle Cary train station - but how do we get to our digs after each night? 

Cheers

GC

Probably with great difficulty! It’s not worth the hassle TBH but you might be able to get the shuttle to the Bath and West Showgrounds drop off point and pick up a taxi - or walk from there?? Why would you want to stay off site? 

10 hours ago, Gary1974 said:

Hi folks,

looking for some transport advice about how to get to and from festival each day. Not staying on site - place in Ditcheat - I know I can use free bus service from castle Cary train station - but how do we get to our digs after each night? 

Cheers

GC

have to agree with 'Sedra' as that will be a right pain in the arse if you don't have a car sure there will be some local buses but they wont be all that frequent and Taxi's will be on ' Glastonbury rates ' and you may find some who are reluctant to ' pick you up ' or ' drop you off ' - unless you have a medical reason why you don't want to camp then really that would be the best option.

map.jpg.e0b99fb183c463a7c108dedc00f29800.jpg

23 minutes ago, Gary1974 said:

Can I ask if purchasing car park ticket and driving as an option to getting to and from festival daily? What would this look like?

Still time consuming and difficult.

What's happening in Ditcheat that you can't tear yourself away from that weekend?

2 hours ago, Gary1974 said:

Can I ask if purchasing car park ticket and driving as an option to getting to and from festival daily? What would this look like?

Some friends of mine did this in 2017, it took between 1and 2 hours twice a day to walk to and from the car park to leave/enter the festival. They regretted staying off-site. :(

Edited by StoneCircle