Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SomeoneListeningIn

Pearl Jam

Recommended Posts

Are they still relevant to the R&L audience?

A year or so ago I'd have thought they'd never be booked for the festival again. Seem to be better suited UK fests for them nowadays (IOW, BST, Download... potentially TRNSMT unless it continues to announce shit headliners).

However, they've got a decent legendary status. Think they're still a possibility for R&L in the not so distant future, would be an interesting booking.

What do you think - still a possibility or no chance of them ever playing the festival again?

Discuss.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Are they still relevant to the R&L audience?

A year or so ago I'd have thought they'd never be booked for the festival again. Seem to be better suited UK fests for them nowadays (IOW, BST, Download... potentially TRNSMT unless it continues to announce shit headliners).

However, they've got a decent legendary status. Think they're still a possibility for R&L in the not so distant future, would be an interesting booking.

What do you think - still a possibility or no chance of them ever playing the festival again?

Discuss.

Wouldn't happen. Haven't aged brilliantly and don't have the hits - I honestly would be surprised if more than 20% of people in attendance had heard of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have a new album out early next year.. Still best live band in the world.. 

But I will admit that if you don't know them you'll not have the same experience BUT LIVE they can't be beaten.. imo ok

Edited by guypjfreak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Should have a new album out early next year.. Still best live band in the world.. 

But I will admit that if you don't know them you'll not have the same experience BUT LIVE they can't be beaten.. imo ok

never seen them live personally but have only heard good things. definitely a festival band for me, wouldn't pay to see them but if they were at a festival I was going to then I'd make sure to catch them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

never seen them live personally but have only heard good things. definitely a festival band for me, wouldn't pay to see them but if they were at a festival I was going to then I'd make sure to catch them.

Seen them every time they've been in the UK.. Saw Eddie a few months ago brilliant. If you get the chance DO pay they really kick ass live.. I'd love to see them at Glastonbury but I fear that will never happen lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Seen them every time they've been in the UK.. Saw Eddie a few months ago brilliant. If you get the chance DO pay they really kick ass live.. I'd love to see them at Glastonbury but I fear that will never happen lol 

See you at the tour next year old son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

See you at the tour next year old son.

Yes old son.. Hopefully lollapalooza will come to Europe with same line up as it is now in south America lol..... One can dream 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top end live act; their Leeds Arena show sits in my all-time top ten comfortably as it stands. They're not a hits band though when it comes to setlists for me though - you will get the hits but you'll also get a bucket-load of non-festival-friendly cuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.