East Campervan entry gate?

Youtopia

Last time, 2015, we stayed at West campervan, this year we are in East, in West there’s a dedicated entry gate which on the Wed morning was a breeze to pass through. 

Am I right in thinking that in the East campervan site you have to go through pedestrian gate C with everyone else? Which I’m anticipating on Wed morning will be pretty busy!  There’s no separate entry gate for campervanners from the East campervan site is there?

Thanks & have a great Glastonbury!!

You do need to join the others in the queue from the East campervan fields but given that you are in the campervan fields would it not be better to wait till the queues die down? We stayed in the campervan fields for the first time last year and had a nice lie in on the Wednesday before heading into the site proper - had we have seen a queue we would have wandered back to the trailer and cracked a beer... but we just breezed right in.

Both posts above have been true in the past. 

In that, a) you're in front of the whole car park ... until the carpark gate to campervan field is opened around 0730, and b ) sit it out,  have a nice sleepy breakfast & go in around 1200 at leisure. 

Who knows this year.

It's been an open secret that you could get ahead of the car park line by going into the campervan field - by saying "my friends are there" and you're in that line at gate C well ahead.  But, with this talk of named campervan tickets and zones ( "family" & general, possibly on the other side of the road) , who knows. 

For those in CV east What are people's experiences of the queue length at gate C at various times throughout Wednesday?

Having stayed in CV east for the past two years I've yet to experience it, last year I got my wrist band at gate B at about midnight (long story) and the year before we arrived on Thursday.

Obviously this year is very much an unknown quantity for all of us, but all being well I'm hoping this year I'll be ready to go in through Gate C from first thing Wednesday morning so it would be interesting to know peoples experiences.

Gate C seems to have become much busier over the last few years, it used to be just a few minutes queue even getting there at 8 am but lately it is a lot longer. Last time we were in the East we didn't get to the until well after 11 and we still had a reasonable queue time. We have no idea what to expect this year too, think we will be checking this forum for advise / experience and maybe the odd wander down without the kids to check on progress. Having said that we might be able to see the queue from the van if the family camping is close? 

The busiest time is clearly Wednesday morning when the folk from the car parks get let through (07:00-07:30)... and the queue quickly extends right up the hill.

it remains busy through Wednesday as people get wristbands sorted (and with this years security checks will obviously be longer). Friday - Sunday is probably busiest around 11:00-13:00 as the stages get active..

my post about getting in first thing on Wednesday (top of this thread) is if people have travelled with a camper but plan on putting a tent up in the festival... quite a few do this.

we tend to go in late afternoon on Wednesday to have a drink and a bimble and get the wristbands sorted..

if like me you are an early riser staying in CV East, then it is nice to wander down and get in with hardly anyone about... get a coffee, visit the baker, pick up a paper, walk off the hangover etc..

22 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

Gate C seems to have become much busier over the last few years, it used to be just a few minutes queue even getting there at 8 am but lately it is a lot longer. Last time we were in the East we didn't get to the until well after 11 and we still had a reasonable queue time. We have no idea what to expect this year too, think we will be checking this forum for advise / experience and maybe the odd wander down without the kids to check on progress. Having said that we might be able to see the queue from the van if the family camping is close? 

I'm starting to think that they have filled the car parks in a way that makes B busy initially, and then the load switches to C.  That makes some sense in that they don't allow people to queue through campervan fields overnight - so maybe then don't allow too many cars to park near there initially so there's not too massive a march when they do open the campervan gate.

As a consequence B fills overnight - there's a long path that snakes its way to that gate - despite arriving at 5am I've never made it out of the same (massive) parking field we generally get parked in.  The above makes me think that almost all overnight eastern parking starts near that gate, explaining why the queue at B always takes absolutely ages (hours) to start progressing.

If that's the case, then the bulk of traffic post-6am-ish then probably ends up near gate C - which would explain why it seems busy there later into the morning.

This year, how knows :)