Camping heater

Kezanator

It's my first time at Glastonbury and I'm seriously excited! I've been to other festivals but always stayed offsite in a b&b. I have camped before and know nights can get chilly. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on a camping heater. 

1 Is it needed in the first place?

2 Which type should I use?

Cheers 

I wouldn't use a heater in a tent, there's a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and a naked flame inside a tent when lots of drunk people are about isn't the best idea (even if you're sober there's the risk of others tripping/stumbling into your tent). Take extra blankets, put them under you as well as over you when sleeping (to stop you loosing heat the ground). If you're that concerned about being cold consider taking a hot water bottle and a small stove/kettle to fill it. 

6 minutes ago, fur_q said:

I wouldn't use a heater in a tent, there's a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and a naked flame inside a tent when lots of drunk people are about isn't the best idea (even if you're sober there's the risk of others tripping/stumbling into your tent). Take extra blankets, put them under you as well as over you when sleeping (to stop you loosing heat the ground). If you're that concerned about being cold consider taking a hot water bottle and a small stove/kettle to fill it. 

This says it all.

Not a good idea at the best of times and a definite no-no at festivals.

Take clothes you can wear in layers. You can always keep some on in your sleeping bag too. 

A hat you can wear in bed is very useful too, particularly if, like me, you have very little hair!

A something to have a wee in the tent (Lenor bottle for men and I'm sure women have their own solutions) can make a difference when it comes to a good night's sleep.  If you wake up needing a pee and have to trudge to the loo in the middle of the night you will get cold and may struggle to get back to sleep afterwards.

A quick pee and then rolling over before you've had a chance to get cold or notice the cold can help.